Reemers

I,too, would like to see a list of sizes. I use them regularly to make nice holes. I'm always looking for more sizes to add to my collection. PM me a list too please.

The over and unders are very handy, and general sizes for fittings dowl pins etc.

Always handy to have a selection :)

Stuart

I have a very small tool budget but grab a reamer if I find it & can afford it. They are slim pickings here. This is why I'm so much more interested in tool making. When I do but tools they are usually what others consider junk but to me it is basically a parts kit to build the tool I need.

Usually I'm scrounging for metal to use.

I will inventory in next couple days .
Thanks

Imagine this, you can use a on-size reamer with light cutting oil to make a dowel pin slip fit, or you can spend 45 minutes with a boring head taking lots of spring passes to get that just-right fit. For an odd size hole it is okay, but for multiple parts reamers save a ton of time.

I have 4 holes that I need to ream out, Put in the bushings, then ream the bushings to fit the shafts, Some are blind holes and all are tow small for my reamers I have from doing work on old autos, (old bushing style king pins etc). Boring bar, setup time for each one, then boring each one, with all the checks etc, When you can just use a reamer for proper fit, saves a whole lot of time, an some times aggravation.

I;m still reaming 13 mm holes in brass for some small parts.
I ended up using a 12.5 mm drill then reamed with a 13mm reamer.
Holes came out within .007 +

I would keep them all. Keeping just the nominal sizes is not the best idea. Depending on the reamers sharpness, speed when reaming, type of cutting fluid, type of material being reamed, etc, etc. All have slight variables in the actual finish hole size. Since a reamer has a fixed cut diameter (some are adjustable) the desire to have a certain size reamer is endless. You cannot have enough reamers because of this. Keep them all, you will be kicking yourself one day when you go looking for that reamer you gave away…Good Luck, Dave.

Derrick,
If I had your problem I would buy them their own tool box to organize them. I love to use reamers for perfect holes.
Dave

Back