Removed the table off my B&S 618 Micromaster

I bought mine off e-bay, new old stock, as I mentioned.
The stamped numbers/letters were identical to the originals. I lucked out, they seem to be of good quality and better yet, everything is oiling now. I may change the elevation ways zero drippers to ones. They both drip on to a felt that lubricates the vertical ways when elevating/lowering the spindle.
Also, the elevation nut is oiled with a pipe cleaner crimped into the end of the oil line?
Bemnychree confirmed his also has a pipe cleaner.
If you have a B&S Micromaster of the mid sixties vintage, please let me know how your elevation nut is oiled.
I would rather have a drip unless the pipe cleaner is intended to "sweep" the threads before engaging the elevation nut??

I have a B&S 'Valuemaster' from 1978. It uses 11 bijurs, including one for the vertical lead screw. All eleven are "000" and uses the smaller thread profile (so says their techie). After the bijur (screwed into an adapter in the manifold) the oil goes up a nylon pipe into a copper tube to drip down onto the vertical lead screw. No pipe cleaner.

However, I have some components that don't make sense to him, so I haven't ordered all the pieces from Bijur yet.

Since then (3 months ago) I put away the SG project in favour of fixing my 14X40 lathe: I need it more, and it is urgent. My SG is buried in the corner until the fixes are done on the lathe...

The Micromaster is doing a good job on this vise I picked out of the fire debris.
I'm learning.
1565720129716.png

Looking good. For appearance you should align the part to table so your grind lines are inline with the part. Just sayin looks good though.

OK, I like the criss cross look also.
Finding the correct wheel for the job is the art I must begin to work on.
Still have some work to do on the grinder, add cooling system, grind the chuck.....But, i'm getting there.

Back