Removing a ring from finger.

This brings back the memory when my son was around 5 or 6 years old. The kids had a musical toy that had pieces that you put together to make a couple of instruments like a sax or clarinet. Well one of the elbows to this contraction, my son get his thumb stuck in it. We tried the water soap solution, that didn't help. Got the Dremel out and proceeded to cut it off. I inserted something up into the bore, don't remember if it was a popsicle stick or what. Couldn't get around the bend, so I just had to be careful. Finally got enough of it cut that I pried the rest of it open to get his finger out. We still have that musical instrument here somewhere.

Sometimes holding your hand up in the air above your head will work, too.

time of year is an issue too - most people retain more fluids in winter when it's cold.

Once you get it off, I would suggest going to a jewellers and getting it stretched up a size.

Have seen the string one time. also cut off with cutters and a feeler gauge under it. Not fun. Do not wear rings, watch or chains any more except for special occasions and not anywhere near equipment. Wife said she would rater have me in one piece for leave it off, She saw the results after wedding band got welded to a car while still on my hand.
Have also seen where a person had not taken it off in years, then had to have it cut off because arthritis in the joint had caused it to grow to where it would not fit over it.

time of year is an issue too - most people retain more fluids in winter when it's cold.

Once you get it off, I would suggest going to a jewellers and getting it stretched up a size.
I'm the opposite. I shrink up in the winter. My ring often nearly falls off. But in the summer my hands swell up and my ring compresses my finger. Drastic difference!

The last few months I've felt myself swell up huge. I can tell when putting my pants & belt on. I suspect because I am no longer going out for walks and exercise. It is too cold and snow sucks, and I probably am drinking more soda than I should.

Hope this Windex trick works! I can't believe that more machinists haven't run into these problems 'personally'. I guess there's a good reason for that though!

When ever I've seen old-timers with missing digits on their hands in those you-tube machine-shop videos... generally it does seem to be their ring-fingers missing the most when I think about it...

Have not been thru this myself but.... Within sensible limits, cut way back on fluid intake for a day or so. Without fluids, a body starts puckering-up pretty fast and changes in ring size will be among the first places you'll notice a difference. If needed, reduce your calorie intake and try to lose a couple pounds over a week or so -of course, within sensible/medical limits.

Ray
Hello Ray. I’m Mike and go by shootur44 I have a dumb question that probably has been answered previously but I must have missed it. Now for some time there are lots of pictures that are not visual or for some reason I can’t manage to get them were I can see them. I saw were there was some kind of update and I have my stuff updated to best of my knowledge. Can you PLEASE EXPLAIN HOW TO UPDATE MY PROGRAM OR WHATEVER I NEED TO DO.
I AM USING A IPHONE 7 PLUS IF THAT MAKES A DIFFERENCE.
THANK YOU
MIKE

Having seen two fingers ripped off and a hand permanently ruined when a SS watch band fused between a 24 V battery and the chassis of a truck I am glad to hear you want to remove jewelry. With the string method if you pull back on the skin behind the ring while someone else winds the dental floss on and apply some lube you shouldn't have any problems.

Back