Removing bezel on DTI

There was something similar around 10 o'clock. Give it a loop look, too.

That is basically what you are looking for - a small access hole that lets you manipulate the catch spring. If you can't find one, sometimes you can remove the bezel by pulling up while you twist the bezel. As you twist and pull, the spring slowly gets moved into the bezel groove.

There was something similar around 10 o'clock. Give it a loop look, too.

That is basically what you are looking for - a small access hole that lets you manipulate the catch spring. If you can't find one, sometimes you can remove the bezel by pulling up while you twist the bezel. As you twist and pull, the spring slowly gets moved into the bezel groove.

None of the sorts ...

Glass is in there good, no flats, holes, catch springs, or other areas to pry out the plastic crystal

From the back, it's a 1 piece (or well done press fit), as moving the bezel tangentially to its rotation doesn't do much of anything. Again, no flats, holes, springs or other indications of 'stick something in here and ....'

I guess I'll have to live with it ... until I find something that tickles my fancy ..

Thanks all for your suggestions!

Brad

Here's my current, first attempt, at repairing a test indicator. It's a Brown and Sharpe Bestest. I recently picked this up with a few other test indicators (some very good shape, some not so much). It didn't have a crystal on it and someone had continued to use it! It was filthy! But, seemed to work well. After getting the book from long island indicator I went to work.

Today, I start re-assembly. Hopefully, I can straighten out the dent in the bezel (the book tells how) and all I'll need to order is a new lens.

On this indicator, you remove the lens, either by a suction cup or by breaking it (as stated in the book). You remove the hand and the dial lifts off. Under the dial are a VERY delicate spring and a couple of screws. Removing the screws removes the bezel.

I don't want to go into more detail in respect for the author's work. The book is fairly expensive, but the knowledge is priceless!

Now, if I can only get it back together!!! :eek:

Ted

IMG_20200717_075227.jpg

Back