Renegade Prints (build Has Begun)

The original center carrier was made from materials I had here. It was three pieces of 1X1.5X4. They were pinned abd bolted together. I didn't like it from the beginning. I made a new one from a 1.5X3X4.5 piece of 7075. Much better and I feel better about it. To the right is the old 3 piece unit.

"Billy G"

102_1104 (700 x 465).jpg

After more thought it was decided to convert to a single lock on the carrier. It will save a few precious seconds in competition.

"Billy G"

102_1101 (700 x 465).jpg 102_1105 (700 x 465).jpg

Still more modifications. The old side plates (Right) are .250" to short in height. This was not seen till the windage assembly was checked against the Elevation Adjustment. Not a problem as you can see. LOL

"Billy G"

102_1106 (700 x 465).jpg 102_1107 (700 x 465).jpg

View attachment 118274

Last edited by a moderator:
Not much done today, I'm taking my time prettying it up. Swapped out those ugly wing nuts for nice flat ones. Tomorrow should see the end of this pare.

"Billy G"

102_1108 (700 x 465).jpg

Not sure how I missed this thread! But I just read the whole thing and got all caught up.
Bill, As always - you give me an education and a smile.. :encourage:

Thanks for sharing.

Thank you for the kind words. You are a glutton for punishment going thru all 9 pages. Stand by, this has a long way to go.

"Billy G"

Now we go crazy. I found a Moore&Wright 0-1 inch micrometer head that is 2 inches in diameter with a .001 resolution.. It will replace the right hand adjustment screw. Also a dial indicator will be added to the right side. Why, because I can. LOL

"Billy G"

Bill- There are times when it gets tough to finish a part up. My mind is always at least one step ahead. Then, like in this case, the question of "What If" dominates the process. It's tough bein me, but somebody has to do it. LOL

"Billy G"

Back