[4]

Renegade Prints (build Has Begun)

• Thread starter Deleted member 17524
  • Start date
[3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!
D

Deleted member 17524

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
I'm in no rush Bill. This is uncharted territory for me. All has to be perfect before starting. Machining itself will only be about one month if this part is done correctly. I'm trying to head off problems before they happen. I will be in contact the end of next week. It's a busy week for me because of the Marine Corps Birthday (Tuesday) and Veterans Day (Wednesday).

"Billy G"

Billh50

Active User
H-M Supporter - Gold Member ($25)
No problem.....we can even do one page at a time as you build it. That way any last minute changes can be done before we finalize.

wrmiller

Chief Tinkerer
I'm in no rush Bill. This is uncharted territory for me. All has to be perfect before starting. Machining itself will only be about one month if this part is done correctly. I'm trying to head off problems before they happen. I will be in contact the end of next week. It's a busy week for me because of the Marine Corps Birthday (Tuesday) and Veterans Day (Wednesday).

"Billy G"
And a early 'Happy Birthday Marine'. :)

(says one jarhead to another...)

D

Deleted member 17524

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
We will be 240 years old this year. Semper Fi Bill

"Billy G"

Billh50

Active User
Bill G,
Just need to add material and thickness to following pdf.

Attachments

D

Deleted member 17524

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
You have it spot on Bill, Thank-you. There will be a Materials List with everything needed.

Billh50

Active User
OK.....anytime you need the others done just let me know.

wrmiller

Chief Tinkerer
Love the dimension format. The way some people do it nowadays makes it difficult for an old school guy to follow. Not these. :)

D

Deleted member 17524

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
We are rapidly closing in on a start date. This one is the scope and mount. You don't need to do this one Bill, it is for my personal info only.

That was a bust, it's too high, won't work.

"Billy G"

102_1030 (800 x 531).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 17524

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
1 inch 40 TPI Tap and Die arrived today. These are to cut the Micrometer Adj. threads for the bearings. One step closer.

"Billy G"

D

Deleted member 17524

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
Yup, we started, no turning back now. Have to wait for the Base Plate (1.5X10X36 6061.) Will make all parts that mount to it first. This is the Elevation Adjuster. 1-40 threads being tapped. Starter hole is .9756.

"Billy G"

102_1031 (700 x 465).jpg 102_1032 (700 x 465).jpg

wrmiller

Chief Tinkerer
Cool... (picture Bill pulling up a chair with a rather large bowl of popcorn) :D

May I ask why you didn't single-point these?

D

Deleted member 17524

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
The male thread will be single-pointed Bill. The internal was easier done with the tap. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Actually I was tooooo lazy. :anon:

"Billy G"

D

Deleted member 17524

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
Not a whole lot done today but it is spot on dimension wise. I now have a threaded blank and tomorrow I hope to get it to look like the print, emphasis on hope. Ball to Ball should equal .010 up or down. Ball to point should equal .005 up or down. One full turn equals .100 up or down.

"Billy G"

102_1034 (700 x 465).jpg

D

Deleted member 17524

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
If a mistake is made I show it to you. I didn't have a heavy hold on the part in the rotary table while milling. I got in a hurry and took toooo deep of a cut. The part spun and the cutter pulled the part out of the table. Moral --- If you are in a hurry, walk away and return when whatever you hurried for is done. I put the part back in the lathe and cut .070 off the OD to clean it up. Not that much harm done.

"Billy G"102_1036 (800 x 531).jpg

Billh50

Active User
That happens to us all at least once.

wrmiller

Chief Tinkerer
It's not like I've never done something like that... :rolleyes:

Not sure I'd have the guts to show it here though. You're my hero Bill. :)

D

Deleted member 17524

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
I show my mistakes for good reason Bill. The new guy needs to be reassured that none of us is above error. I would like to think they get a kick out of seeing our screw-ups.

Just two flats to go and then ten 8-32 tapped holes. Yup, that's a left spiraled end mill. I used it cause it was a new one. Looks like I'm a little short on the meat to get two identical flats. Hmmmmmm. Fear not, for there is enough. (I think)

"Billy G"

102_1037 (800 x 531).jpg

D

Deleted member 17524

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
Bet ya thought it was gonna be a disaster. Yuk-Yuk-Yuk. Ten flats within .001 of each other. If I had changed the rotary table to index it would have been spot on. Now to drill and tap.

Save me some popcorn Bill.

"Billy G"

102_1038 (800 x 531).jpg

D

Deleted member 17524

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
Drilling and tapping for studs today. Also hope to rough cut the arms that will fit on the studs. See you later.

"Billy G"

D

Deleted member 17524

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
Ten drilled and tapped hole and we have studs in place. I am using studs here rather tha threading the inserted handles for strength. I am being cautios because this adjustment nut must be capable of raising or lowering the upper slide table that could feasibly reach 60 lbs. in overall weight.

"Billy G"

102_1040 (800 x 531).jpg

D

Deleted member 17524

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
102_1041 (800 x 531).jpg Some days you just have to fight. Slow, very slow today. One arm roughed in

D

Deleted member 17524

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
Would someone please explain to me how putting in a new front door requires 5 rooms of wall to wall carpet, painting the walls in 3 rooms and painting the ceilings in 7 rooms?????

"Billy G"

thayne_1

H-M Supporter - Sustaining Member
H-M Platinum Supporter ($50)
When you find the answer to that let me know please.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Billh50

Active User
Bill....it's kinda like that new lathe needs more tooling and a fresh paint job.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 17524

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
3 arms to length. I want to get all 10 to this point today. Tomorrow the threaded ball ends will be here. Once they are fitted, into the tumbling barrel it all goes for 12 hours.

"Billy G"

102_1042 (850 x 565).jpg

JimDawson

Global Moderator
Staff member
H-M Platinum Supporter ($50)
Would someone please explain to me how putting in a new front door requires 5 rooms of wall to wall carpet, painting the walls in 3 rooms and painting the ceilings in 7 rooms?????

"Billy G"
Bill, I think it's the same principle that every project requires a new tool, it makes no difference that the new tool has nothing to do with the project.;)

[5] [7]