[4]

Renegade Prints (build Has Begun)

• Thread starter Deleted member 17524
  • Start date
[3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!
D

Deleted member 17524

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
Thank you. This assembly will be done tomorrow. Out of the tumbler nice and clean. Who would have believed it took 45 separate parts to create this assembly. Just minor cosmetics to go. I don't rate HF very high but the Vibration Tumbler is right up there. Well worth the expenditure. Around $60.00.

"Billy G"

102_1066 (800 x 531).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

JimDawson

Global Moderator
Staff member
H-M Platinum Supporter ($50)
I have one of their 18# vibrators, it seems to work OK, I haven't killed it yet.

D

Deleted member 17524

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
Toms' post on over torqueing got me to thinking. The side bolt on the Elevation Assembly is really only there to hold the part from turning during adjustment. Yes it can be tightened but it is not needed for that, the weight of the top slide pushing down will do that. Slightly tight is what is needed.

With that said I have decided to leave the head polished only and not fluted. This will let my fingers slip on it if over torqueing occurs.

"Billy G"
102_1068 (800 x 531).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

uncle harry

Active User
Registered
Toms' post on over torqueing got me to thinking. The side bolt on the Elevation Assembly is really onl there to hold the part from turning during adjustment. Yes it can be tightened but it is not needed for that, the weight of the top slide pushing down will do that. Slightly tight is what is needed.

With that said I have decided to leave the head polished only and not fluted. This will let my fingers slip on it if over torqueing occurs.

"Billy G"
View attachment 114900
I like your "organic" slip clutch.

D

Deleted member 17524

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
Got it by the short hairs and polishing it out. The base is out to 600 grit. All will go to 15oo grit by days end. That will put the Elevation Control to bed. Then it's on to the Windage Control.

"Billy G"

102_1069 (800 x 531).jpg

FOMOGO

Active User
H-M Platinum Supporter ($50)
Quite the piece of art there. Reminiscent of an old ships anchor capstan. Mike

D

Deleted member 17524

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
Sorry to report, no real progress. Remember, this is one of a kind, changes are made at the drop of a hat. Also, I have not and will not abandon this project. I love doing something I have not done before. Thread on the riser was changed from 40TPI to 20TPI for strength reasons.

"Billy G"

dlhoulton

Registered
That's good to know. Fully understand that these are "one of a kind" builds and the drop of a hat change thing. Just anxious to see your progress and your quality work.

D

Deleted member 17524

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
OK, back at it. Not much to see yet, these are parts for the Windage and Rear Roller Assembly.

"Billy G"

102_1080 (700 x 465).jpg

D

Deleted member 17524

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
In prototyping errors are inevitable. This one is a big one. Counting my time it is a $256 error. Such is life. I am redesigning it today.

"Billy G"

102_1082 (700 x 465).jpg

D

Deleted member 17524

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
OK, you saw the error and what it cost. Don't care I'm not counting except for Laughs. This is part of the new windage assembly. It's only just getting underway. Nothing is on paper for this yet. Time will tell. LOL

"Billy G"
102_1083 (700 x 465).jpg

D

Deleted member 17524

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
The Windage Cross Head is just now starting to take shape. I would like to get farther today but the little woman says otherwise. Time to hit the Mall, YUCK.

"Billy G"

102_1084 (700 x 465).jpg

D

Deleted member 17524

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
:devil: Only needed 40 minutes more. Me thinks she took too long in the Throne Room.

"Billy G"
102_1085 (700 x 465).jpg

D

Deleted member 17524

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
Today I start with the Crossbar and go till I can't go any longer. I am falling behind my schedule. Bad time of the year for a project of this magnitude. LOL

"Billy G"

102_1086 (700 x 465).jpg

wrmiller

Chief Tinkerer
H-M Supporter - Gold Member ($25)
Falling behind schedule?!?!

Bill, you're at that point in life where schedules shouldn't matter anymore. And hopefully, I will get there too one of these days... :)

D

Deleted member 17524

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
No schedule matters anymore Bill. Just threw that in for laughs. I don't punch a clock anymore. LOL Moving along very smoothly.

"Billy G"

102_1088 (700 x 465).jpg

D

Deleted member 17524

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
UH-OH --- Wife told me to change from my work cloths. I did and sat down here looking out the front window. Low and behold it's the Grinch, my sister-in-law is here. That's it for me, no shop time while she is here. According to her a man is not supposed to have a hobby. See ya later fellas. Dang it all.

"Billy G"

ScrapMetal

Active User
Registered
I think I've heard of your sister-in-law somewhere before....

latest?cb=20130825121346

Have a Merry Christmas,

-Ron

dave2176

Active User
Registered
According to her a man is not supposed to have a hobby.

"Billy G"
I'm not close to retirement yet but know many who have been retired for years. It seems to me that something to keep you busy after retirement keeps you healthy longer. I have a lot of friends well into their 80s who keep busy with a variety of interest from genealogy to woodturning and they are going strong. Some of those we lost too young wanted to sit in their rocker and watch the world go by. Keep your mind and body busy Billy; it's good for all of us. I've enjoyed watching and learning from your fine work. Thank you.
Dave

uncle harry

Active User
Registered
UH-OH --- Wife told me to change from my work cloths. I did and sat down here looking out the front window. Low and behold it's the Grinch, my sister-in-law is here. That's it for me, no shop time while she is here. According to her a man is not supposed to have a hobby. See ya later fellas. Dang it all.

"Billy G"
It would seem that her opinion smacks of hipocracy. Apparently she has a hobby, irritating the #e!! out of everybody.

D

Deleted member 17524

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
The young lady is 75 years old and never been married. She lives with he cat in a 7 room home. The place is immaculate all the time. She has a good heart, it's just in the wrong place. LOL

"Billy G"

D

Deleted member 17524

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
The three bolts in the crossbar were for location purposes only. They are removed now and replaced by a pivot point. The three bearings that comprise part of the roller system for the rails form a triangle. This triangle has set dimensions that cannot change during firing adjustments so the crossbar must pivot on its center to hold these dimensions. If they did not, the top rail slide would jump right off the rails and into your lap.

"Billy G"

102_1089 (700 x 465).jpg

uncle harry

Active User
Registered
The young lady is 75 years old and never been married. She lives with he cat in a 7 room home. The place is immaculate all the time. She has a good heart, it's just in the wrong place. LOL

"Billy G"

Hey. I'll be 75 in two months so I can understand some of this. Still, I have lots of hobbies so I'll side with you.

D

Deleted member 17524

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
Enough about her for now. She's sleeping and you know you let sleeping dogs lie. LOL Getting closer to the end of the windage adjustment. Rods that it rides on will be done today, given enough time.

"Billy G"

102_1090 (700 x 465).jpg

D

Deleted member 17524

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
Done for today. Getting a little crowded with all the parts on the desk. Tomorrow the thru holes get drilled .500 and bushed to .375.

"Billy G"

102_1092 (700 x 465).jpg 102_1093 (700 x 465).jpg

D

Deleted member 17524

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
Good things come to those who wait. Mary wanted a glass of Sherry, no alcohol is allowed in my house. We struck a deal and all I need to do is add adjustment screws an clean the whole thing up and it's done. Yes they are bushed for smoothness.

"Billy G"

102_1094 (700 x 465).jpg

D

Deleted member 17524

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
Clearances adjusted, 3/8-16 all thread used for clearance checks only. These will be Brass when completed. We are missing closer now.

"Billy G"

102_1096 (700 x 465).jpg

D

Deleted member 17524

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
Made two more knobs to match. They will be done over in Brass later. My day is over. They're home again. LOL

"Billy G"

102_1097 (700 x 465).jpg

[5] [7]