[4]

Renegade Prints (build Has Begun)

• Thread starter Deleted member 17524
  • Start date
[3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!
D

Deleted member 17524

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
My apology to those that I said I would send the initial prints to. This has evolved so much that they are rendered useless. Again, I apologize for this.

"Billy G"

D

Deleted member 17524

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
Finally found a bearing supplier/manufacturer outside of China. I don't use their bearings unless absolutely necessary. "Omnitrack" from England has exactly what I need. I need a Transfer Bearing with a .500 Ball that has more than .125 of the ball visible. Their 9000 Series is the perfect one. It has a 100 lb. load capacity. All Stainless components. Pricey but worth it.

"Billy G"

http://www.omnitrack.com/us/

D

Deleted member 17524

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
A little more time and elbow grease and it will look spiffy clean. If nothing else this railgun will be a showpiece. Might be a candidate for Cabin Fever 2017. LOL The Brass Round will become the 4 new handles.

"Billy G"

102_1098 (700 x 465).jpg

D

Deleted member 17524

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
Four knobs with their profile and threads finished. Now to the mill and eight flutes. 1/4 inch bullnose cutter .050 deep. Then all that's lest is to polish them.

"Billy G"

102_1100 (700 x 465).jpg

D

Deleted member 17524

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
Lots of goodies came today. Bearings, Brass All-Thread more Aluminum. This is going to be a showpiece for sure. I was going to anodize Green but this would look wicked in Black.

Billy G"

102_1101 (700 x 465).jpg

D

Deleted member 17524

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
OK folks, had to back up a bit. I anticipated the bearing size from the print. UH-OH , should have known better, the print only showed one size, not mine. You can see from side by side pics the modification I had to make. I live for this stuff. "ROTFLMBO" The new bearing holder is the old one with the top removed ti the threads. Then it was faced flat and a .500 hole bored 1.5 deep. The new top is pressed into the .500 hole.

"Billy G"
102_1061 (800 x 531).jpg 102_1102 (700 x 465).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 17524

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
After a little more machining and modifying all three bearings are correctly mounted. Piece of cake. NOT!!!!

"Billy G"

102_1103 (700 x 465).jpg

D

Deleted member 17524

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
The original center carrier was made from materials I had here. It was three pieces of 1X1.5X4. They were pinned abd bolted together. I didn't like it from the beginning. I made a new one from a 1.5X3X4.5 piece of 7075. Much better and I feel better about it. To the right is the old 3 piece unit.

"Billy G"

102_1104 (700 x 465).jpg

D

Deleted member 17524

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
After more thought it was decided to convert to a single lock on the carrier. It will save a few precious seconds in competition.

"Billy G"

102_1101 (700 x 465).jpg 102_1105 (700 x 465).jpg

D

Deleted member 17524

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
Still more modifications. The old side plates (Right) are .250" to short in height. This was not seen till the windage assembly was checked against the Elevation Adjustment. Not a problem as you can see. LOL

"Billy G"

102_1106 (700 x 465).jpg 102_1107 (700 x 465).jpg

View attachment 118274

D

Deleted member 17524

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
Not much done today, I'm taking my time prettying it up. Swapped out those ugly wing nuts for nice flat ones. Tomorrow should see the end of this pare.

"Billy G"

102_1108 (700 x 465).jpg

34_40

Just a beginner
H-M Supporter - Gold Member ($25)
Not sure how I missed this thread! But I just read the whole thing and got all caught up.
Bill, As always - you give me an education and a smile.. :encourage:

Thanks for sharing.

D

Deleted member 17524

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
Thank you for the kind words. You are a glutton for punishment going thru all 9 pages. Stand by, this has a long way to go.

"Billy G"

D

Deleted member 17524

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
Now we go crazy. I found a Moore&Wright 0-1 inch micrometer head that is 2 inches in diameter with a .001 resolution.. It will replace the right hand adjustment screw. Also a dial indicator will be added to the right side. Why, because I can. LOL

"Billy G"

D

Deleted member 17524

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
Bill- There are times when it gets tough to finish a part up. My mind is always at least one step ahead. Then, like in this case, the question of "What If" dominates the process. It's tough bein me, but somebody has to do it. LOL

"Billy G"

D

Deleted member 17524

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
Now we have an indicator to see how far we really move. LOL

"Billy G"

102_1109 (700 x 465).jpg

D

Deleted member 17524

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
NOTE TO SELF:

Sister in law is ready to go home. I said I would be right there. She said NOW, I said feel free to use the phone to call a taxi. Wife gave me a real snooty look and said what if she goes with her. You ready --- I said I'd pay for the taxi and a healthy tip to the driver. Then the fight began. ROTFLMAO.

"Billy G"

JimDawson

Global Moderator
Staff member
H-M Platinum Supporter ($50)
You gotta lot o guts Bill! :grin:

D

Deleted member 17524

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
Micrometer Head came today. I bored the right side to .500 and now just a .750 counter bore and set screw are needed. I can do no more to this assembly to get it any more accurate in settings

"Billy G"

102_1111 (700 x 465).jpg

D

Deleted member 17524

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
Jim --- while it would be interesting it won't happen. Rail Guns are only used at to distances, 100 or 200 yards.

"Billy G"

[5] [7]