Renegade Prints (build Has Begun)

B

Bill Gruby

Forum Guest
Register Today
What you are seeing is not one days work but rather six days work. I don't like CAD programs so I do everything with pencil and paper. There are 31 separate drawings for the Rail Gun I plan to build. I just finished an hour ago. These are with the recommended changes.

"Billy G"102_1021 (800 x 531).jpg

Did you receive the original drawings in electronic or printed form? Are they attainable by the general public, i.e. me?

Did you make changes to suit your personal preferences, or were there deficiencies/mistakes in the originals? Just being nosy Bill... :)

Your post is unclear, do you dislike a CAD program outputting 30 drawings or dislike spending 6 days constructing manual drawings?

Let me make it clear, I HATE CAD, period. I find no pleasure in trying to decipher prints before I can build. I have yet to find any standard to them. There is nothing I like better than to sit down and work at the drafting table. For me it's half the project.

"Billy G"

I find as I am getting older that things can tire me out easily. Not so at the board. I can work for hours and be just as relaxed when done as I was when I started.

"Billy G"

Let me make it clear, I HATE CAD, period. I find no pleasure in trying to decipher prints before I can build. I have yet to find any standard to them. There is nothing I like better than to sit down and work at the drafting table. For me it's half the project.

"Billy G"
Much like yourself I enjoy the design process more then making the actual product for the most part, however I do like the ability to completely change the approach to a project without having to start the drawings from scratch. I also drew everything on large paper in the past, the ability to make drastic changes in the middle of a design is what encouraged me to adopt CAD in the late 80's early 90's. Much software at that time was simply drafting made easy to change at any time. Many old software manufacturers now give away the 2D drafting components. An excellent example is Draft Sight by Dassault Systèmes, free and purely a drafting system which should not be confused with Computer Aided Manfacturing.

Yes Andre, I got the Video. It helped me button this one up. Caliber will be 6 mm PPC. Thank you for the help.

"Billy G"

6mm PPC. Interesting little cartridge. Based off a Russian cartridge if I recall. Very, very accurate too. Perfect. :)

Back