Renegade Prints (build Has Begun)

Full Sized Action and rear rail bearings. This is all I will show you for now. LOL

"Billy G"

102_1022 (850 x 565).jpg

Sooooo you never said if prints would be available or not?

Sent from somewhere in East Texas Jake Parker

makes me wish I still had my drafting stuff... I do most of my drawings now in digital form just need a plotter to print them... I am starting to learn a new program now to make the drafting side easier. I am hoping to learn solidworks next. I'm interested to see how this build turns out... did you draw this on paper of velum?

Corner radii's not tangent to the straight lines. Don't miss those days at all. What I do miss is designing 2D layouts on the table top board. Electric eraser and erasing shield was your friend back then. The good old days.

....snip... An excellent example is Draft Sight by Dassault Systèmes, free and purely a drafting system which should not be confused with Computer Aided Manfacturing.

I own two full seats of Draftsight professional that I use everyday in my business. It's good, but sometimes I wish I could buy AutoCAD to put in its place. My dream is to own a seat of Solid Works or Inventor! Getting off subject, Sorry!

Can't wait for Bill to offer copies of his drawings for his toy for the rest of us to enjoy!

Got many thousands of hours on the board and the tube. Much rather the tube due to the frustration with the board. The last stuff I did on the board was in reverse, on Velum, with German text....15 days of work to do what I would normally accomplish in a day and half on the tube. I can do things in 2D pretty quick, and am a bit slower in 3D. I kinda miss doing that stuff sometimes.

I am not sure at this point if the prints will ever be available. I would have to pick and choose who does or does not get them. There is a lot of responsibility involved here. This thing can be dangerous. Time will tell.

"Billy G"

It's ready to start building. Materials were ordered this morning. It ain't cheap that's for sure.

"Billy G" 102_1024 (850 x 565).jpg

The one above was an eye opener, here are both side and top views. Some parts are left off the top view for clarity.

"Billy G"

102_1025 (850 x 565).jpg

Very nice. Any estimate on what this bad boy is going to weigh? That base is going to be one serious hunk of metal. Stainless?

What material did you and the gunsmith decide on for the receiver? I'm not familiar with that particular cartridge and it's typical peak pressure, but I assume you have a targeted CUP that is safely above the cartridge's max limits. Are you going to have your receiver piezeo'd (tested with piezoelectric pressure sensors)?

Back