Renegade Prints (build Has Begun)

1 inch 40 TPI Tap and Die arrived today. These are to cut the Micrometer Adj. threads for the bearings. One step closer.

"Billy G"

Yup, we started, no turning back now. Have to wait for the Base Plate (1.5X10X36 6061.) Will make all parts that mount to it first. This is the Elevation Adjuster. 1-40 threads being tapped. Starter hole is .9756.

"Billy G"

102_1031 (700 x 465).jpg 102_1032 (700 x 465).jpg

Cool... (picture Bill pulling up a chair with a rather large bowl of popcorn) :D

May I ask why you didn't single-point these?

The male thread will be single-pointed Bill. The internal was easier done with the tap. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Actually I was tooooo lazy. :anon:

"Billy G"

Not a whole lot done today but it is spot on dimension wise. I now have a threaded blank and tomorrow I hope to get it to look like the print, emphasis on hope. Ball to Ball should equal .010 up or down. Ball to point should equal .005 up or down. One full turn equals .100 up or down.

"Billy G"

102_1034 (700 x 465).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
If a mistake is made I show it to you. I didn't have a heavy hold on the part in the rotary table while milling. I got in a hurry and took toooo deep of a cut. The part spun and the cutter pulled the part out of the table. Moral --- If you are in a hurry, walk away and return when whatever you hurried for is done. I put the part back in the lathe and cut .070 off the OD to clean it up. Not that much harm done.

"Billy G"102_1036 (800 x 531).jpg

It's not like I've never done something like that... :rolleyes:

Not sure I'd have the guts to show it here though. You're my hero Bill. :)

Back