Renegade Prints (build Has Begun)

I show my mistakes for good reason Bill. The new guy needs to be reassured that none of us is above error. I would like to think they get a kick out of seeing our screw-ups.

Just two flats to go and then ten 8-32 tapped holes. Yup, that's a left spiraled end mill. I used it cause it was a new one. Looks like I'm a little short on the meat to get two identical flats. Hmmmmmm. Fear not, for there is enough. (I think)

"Billy G"

102_1037 (800 x 531).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Bet ya thought it was gonna be a disaster. Yuk-Yuk-Yuk. Ten flats within .001 of each other. If I had changed the rotary table to index it would have been spot on. Now to drill and tap.

Save me some popcorn Bill.

"Billy G"

102_1038 (800 x 531).jpg

Drilling and tapping for studs today. Also hope to rough cut the arms that will fit on the studs. See you later.

"Billy G"

Ten drilled and tapped hole and we have studs in place. I am using studs here rather tha threading the inserted handles for strength. I am being cautios because this adjustment nut must be capable of raising or lowering the upper slide table that could feasibly reach 60 lbs. in overall weight.

"Billy G"

102_1040 (800 x 531).jpg

102_1041 (800 x 531).jpg Some days you just have to fight. Slow, very slow today. One arm roughed in

Would someone please explain to me how putting in a new front door requires 5 rooms of wall to wall carpet, painting the walls in 3 rooms and painting the ceilings in 7 rooms?????

"Billy G"

When you find the answer to that let me know please.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Bill....it's kinda like that new lathe needs more tooling and a fresh paint job.

Last edited:
3 arms to length. I want to get all 10 to this point today. Tomorrow the threaded ball ends will be here. Once they are fitted, into the tumbling barrel it all goes for 12 hours.

"Billy G"

102_1042 (850 x 565).jpg

Would someone please explain to me how putting in a new front door requires 5 rooms of wall to wall carpet, painting the walls in 3 rooms and painting the ceilings in 7 rooms?????

"Billy G"

Bill, I think it's the same principle that every project requires a new tool, it makes no difference that the new tool has nothing to do with the project.;)

Back