Renegade Prints (build Has Begun)

Yup, happens all the time, just like that Jim.

Now we have 10 arms, all identical. I need to drill and tap the outer end for short studs. I want to just screw the balls on when they get here tomorrow.

"Billy G"

102_1043 (850 x 565).jpg

Bill, I think it's the same principle that every project requires a new tool, it makes no difference that the new tool has nothing to do with the project.;)

In Washington DC it's considered a rider on a Bill. The bill becomes larger than the cost of installing a new door.

Bill, either I am missing something here or you are using some different mathematics than I am used to.
With 40 threads per inch for the elevation screw and nut:
- One turn of the elevation nut would change the elevation by .025" not .100"
- Ball to ball would be .0025"
- Ball to point would be .00125"

Maybe it's not that big of a deal, but since you had gone through all the math on your prints I thought I should point out the error before you get any further. At ten threads per inch, your calculations would have been correct.

You are correct Terry. I used the math for the other way I had planned to do this. My bad and nice catch. I went to the 40 TPI to get the ultra fine movement. 10 TPI was my first choice.

"Billy G"

When I worked on packaging equipment I made many machine modifications that utilized micrometer style adjustments and I saw the math "error" right away. I agree with your choice of 40TPI for the much finer adjustment capabilities, but somehow I missed the point in the thread where you changed your mind. Looking good so far!

I did not document he change Terry. I forgot to and just moved on.

"Billy G"

Changed the gears on the lathe to cut 40 TPI and cut a test thred to check the fit. Perfect. I will cut all three bearing towers tomorrow.

"Billy G"

102_1044 (800 x 531).jpg 102_1045 (800 x 531).jpg

9 to go. Mail was late yesterday. Now I'm a day off schedule. Dang.

"Billy G"

102_1047 (800 x 531).jpg

I can't catch a break here. Too many things being done at once. New front door, etc. Well 6 are done.

"Billy G"
102_1048 (800 x 531).jpg

Done -- Take it apart, plug the threads and into the tumbler for 12 hours usin crushed Walnut shells for grit.

"Billy G"
102_1049 (800 x 531).jpg

Back