Renegade Prints (build Has Begun)

Tom, it carries little value in holding the bearing riser in place. It serves to hold it from spinning while adjusting more than anything else. The weight of the top slide (50 lbs.) pushing down should take care of that. Thank you for the insight.

"Billy G"

The 'scale' of the 5/8" piece blends well with the sizes of the other pieces within it's immediate vicinity IMO.

Hey, you asked for opinions... ;)

Thank you. 5/8 it is. Cosmetics is important. Thank you Bill.

"Billy G"

I have had my HF 5 lb. Tumbling barrel for about three years now and never used it. I even have forgotten why I bought it in the first place. I tried it yesterday with great success. The bushing to the right was almost black . After a few hours it has a nice clean finish on it. The smaller one in the middle is unfinished. The aluminum piece on the left came out with a fine brush like finish. I am more than satisfied with the outcome. I purposely put some tool marks in the aluminum and they are all gone. Corners are also still crisp.

The Brass Elevation Wheel parts are being done now. I will check them in about 4 hours.

"Billy G"

102_1062 (800 x 531).jpg

Hey Bill, would a vibratory tumbler work as well as your drum? I need to get a new one anyway, for shell casings and such, and was wondering if I should just order a second one for small machined parts?

OOOPS, that's what I have Bill. To me a tumbler is a tumbler. HF has this one on sale now.

"Billy G"
102_1063 (800 x 531).jpg 102_1064 (800 x 531).jpg

Yup, it's a yes. Very little noise. You cannot hear it upstairs from the cellar.

"Billy G"

Three lock nuts for the Leveling Feet -- 1/2-20 TPI. Need to flute these on the OD and they are done. Base Plate is due this week.

"Billy G"
102_1065 (800 x 531).jpg

Looking good Bill! :encourage:
Can't wait to see the rest.

Back