Renegade Prints (build Has Begun)

Thank you. This assembly will be done tomorrow. Out of the tumbler nice and clean. Who would have believed it took 45 separate parts to create this assembly. Just minor cosmetics to go. I don't rate HF very high but the Vibration Tumbler is right up there. Well worth the expenditure. Around $60.00.

"Billy G"

102_1066 (800 x 531).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have one of their 18# vibrators, it seems to work OK, I haven't killed it yet.

Toms' post on over torqueing got me to thinking. The side bolt on the Elevation Assembly is really only there to hold the part from turning during adjustment. Yes it can be tightened but it is not needed for that, the weight of the top slide pushing down will do that. Slightly tight is what is needed.

With that said I have decided to leave the head polished only and not fluted. This will let my fingers slip on it if over torqueing occurs.

"Billy G"
102_1068 (800 x 531).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Toms' post on over torqueing got me to thinking. The side bolt on the Elevation Assembly is really onl there to hold the part from turning during adjustment. Yes it can be tightened but it is not needed for that, the weight of the top slide pushing down will do that. Slightly tight is what is needed.

With that said I have decided to leave the head polished only and not fluted. This will let my fingers slip on it if over torqueing occurs.

"Billy G"
View attachment 114900

I like your "organic" slip clutch.

Got it by the short hairs and polishing it out. The base is out to 600 grit. All will go to 15oo grit by days end. That will put the Elevation Control to bed. Then it's on to the Windage Control.

"Billy G"

102_1069 (800 x 531).jpg

Quite the piece of art there. Reminiscent of an old ships anchor capstan. Mike

Sorry to report, no real progress. Remember, this is one of a kind, changes are made at the drop of a hat. Also, I have not and will not abandon this project. I love doing something I have not done before. Thread on the riser was changed from 40TPI to 20TPI for strength reasons.

"Billy G"

That's good to know. Fully understand that these are "one of a kind" builds and the drop of a hat change thing. Just anxious to see your progress and your quality work.

Back