Renegade Prints (build Has Begun)

According to her a man is not supposed to have a hobby.

"Billy G"

I'm not close to retirement yet but know many who have been retired for years. It seems to me that something to keep you busy after retirement keeps you healthy longer. I have a lot of friends well into their 80s who keep busy with a variety of interest from genealogy to woodturning and they are going strong. Some of those we lost too young wanted to sit in their rocker and watch the world go by. Keep your mind and body busy Billy; it's good for all of us. I've enjoyed watching and learning from your fine work. Thank you.
Dave

UH-OH --- Wife told me to change from my work cloths. I did and sat down here looking out the front window. Low and behold it's the Grinch, my sister-in-law is here. That's it for me, no shop time while she is here. According to her a man is not supposed to have a hobby. See ya later fellas. Dang it all.

"Billy G"

It would seem that her opinion smacks of hipocracy. Apparently she has a hobby, irritating the #e!! out of everybody.

The young lady is 75 years old and never been married. She lives with he cat in a 7 room home. The place is immaculate all the time. She has a good heart, it's just in the wrong place. LOL

"Billy G"

The three bolts in the crossbar were for location purposes only. They are removed now and replaced by a pivot point. The three bearings that comprise part of the roller system for the rails form a triangle. This triangle has set dimensions that cannot change during firing adjustments so the crossbar must pivot on its center to hold these dimensions. If they did not, the top rail slide would jump right off the rails and into your lap.

"Billy G"

102_1089 (700 x 465).jpg

The young lady is 75 years old and never been married. She lives with he cat in a 7 room home. The place is immaculate all the time. She has a good heart, it's just in the wrong place. LOL

"Billy G"

Hey. I'll be 75 in two months so I can understand some of this. Still, I have lots of hobbies so I'll side with you.

Enough about her for now. She's sleeping and you know you let sleeping dogs lie. LOL Getting closer to the end of the windage adjustment. Rods that it rides on will be done today, given enough time.

"Billy G"

102_1090 (700 x 465).jpg

Done for today. Getting a little crowded with all the parts on the desk. Tomorrow the thru holes get drilled .500 and bushed to .375.

"Billy G"

102_1092 (700 x 465).jpg 102_1093 (700 x 465).jpg

Good things come to those who wait. Mary wanted a glass of Sherry, no alcohol is allowed in my house. We struck a deal and all I need to do is add adjustment screws an clean the whole thing up and it's done. Yes they are bushed for smoothness.

"Billy G"

102_1094 (700 x 465).jpg

Clearances adjusted, 3/8-16 all thread used for clearance checks only. These will be Brass when completed. We are missing closer now.

"Billy G"

102_1096 (700 x 465).jpg

Made two more knobs to match. They will be done over in Brass later. My day is over. They're home again. LOL

"Billy G"

102_1097 (700 x 465).jpg

Back