Renegade Prints (build Has Begun)

My apology to those that I said I would send the initial prints to. This has evolved so much that they are rendered useless. Again, I apologize for this.

"Billy G"

Finally found a bearing supplier/manufacturer outside of China. I don't use their bearings unless absolutely necessary. "Omnitrack" from England has exactly what I need. I need a Transfer Bearing with a .500 Ball that has more than .125 of the ball visible. Their 9000 Series is the perfect one. It has a 100 lb. load capacity. All Stainless components. Pricey but worth it.

"Billy G"

http://www.omnitrack.com/us/

A little more time and elbow grease and it will look spiffy clean. If nothing else this railgun will be a showpiece. Might be a candidate for Cabin Fever 2017. LOL The Brass Round will become the 4 new handles.

"Billy G"

102_1098 (700 x 465).jpg

Four knobs with their profile and threads finished. Now to the mill and eight flutes. 1/4 inch bullnose cutter .050 deep. Then all that's lest is to polish them.

"Billy G"

102_1100 (700 x 465).jpg

Lots of goodies came today. Bearings, Brass All-Thread more Aluminum. This is going to be a showpiece for sure. I was going to anodize Green but this would look wicked in Black.

Billy G"

102_1101 (700 x 465).jpg

OK folks, had to back up a bit. I anticipated the bearing size from the print. UH-OH , should have known better, the print only showed one size, not mine. You can see from side by side pics the modification I had to make. I live for this stuff. "ROTFLMBO" The new bearing holder is the old one with the top removed ti the threads. Then it was faced flat and a .500 hole bored 1.5 deep. The new top is pressed into the .500 hole.

"Billy G"
102_1061 (800 x 531).jpg 102_1102 (700 x 465).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
After a little more machining and modifying all three bearings are correctly mounted. Piece of cake. NOT!!!!

"Billy G"

102_1103 (700 x 465).jpg

Back