Renegade Prints (build Has Begun)

As soon as the Aluminum arrives Bill, the main base is next. This will tie together everything we have made so far.

"Billy G"

Larger dia. and shorter these knobs are for the leveling feet. Aluminum for the base is 9 days overdue now. Just picking at things to keep busy. Without the base I am extremely close to a standstill.

"Billy G"

102_1117 (700 x 465).jpg

After talking with shooters of these things it is a fact that the tighter you lock the elevation tower the tighter the groups will be. Soooo, we swapped out the front locking bolt and knob for a larger one to get more torque. We also added a lock nut to keep it from backing off.

"Billy G"

102_1118 (700 x 465).jpg

Weight transmits rigidity and that translates to accuracy.

"Billy G"

Hey Bill, I see that your locking bolt is brass. Is the surface it 'locks' steel or aluminum? Just wondering about surface damage when you crank that locking bolt down. :)

The locking bolt has a nylon button on the end. I copied it from others. They have no trouble with slippage or damage.

Now the Bad/Good news, my supplier decided he did not want to cut the 12 foot long piece of Aluminum. Translation -- He found a buyer for the whole 12 foot piece. This will prolong the agony for a week or so. I found another source , called and ordered a piece 1.5 X 10 X 36 for less than $175.00 S&H included.

http://store.buymetal.com/

"Billy G"

Last edited by a moderator:
Schools in boys and girls. This is for you new people that have never seen Adjustable Parallels used. The cross slide must be centered. The Mike Head is set at .500, this is going to act as "0" setting. It will give me plus or minus .500 movement of range for the Cross Slide. At .500 the distance (right side) is .617. To maintain the .500 movement this must remain. Now the other side needs to be moved to get to .617. The smaller distance at this point measured with the Parallel and Calipers is .401. Subtract the .401 from .617 and you get .216. That .216 is how much you need to move the left side out to get to .617. Once moved you will be perfectly centered. It will be moved by lengthening the two guide rods .216 inches. Now you need another tool huh.

"Billy G"

102_1119 (700 x 465).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back