[How do I?] Repeat O Meter - Help

Moderatemixed

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
Good morning all. Allow me to preface this with thanks to Tom Lipton, Robin Renzetti and John Saunders (for their videos on YouTube); I have watched them all (on this subject) several times and made notes.

I tried to download a “hobby use” version of Fusion 360 (with no luck) so that I could open John Saunders plans. I am struggling to sort out some overall dimensions and a few key measurements. If anyone has a Repeat-O-Meter would you kindly take a couple of measurements for me. Just so that you all don’t think that I’m just too lazy to try to find the info myself, I have scoured the internet searching for these dimensions to generally a dead end. To be clear I am trying to replicate the authentic Repeat-O-Meter as much as I can.

I have both a Mahr Millimess and Surpemess and the material in hand. The following is what I need to get this “show on the road”.

1. Overall Length, Width and Height
2. Length of the two support Arms
3. When cutting the kerf in the base how much thickness is left (thousandths): I’m guessing about 30 thou?
4. The support arms: 1. Is one end fixed and the other end sloppy to allow the front to pivot, or are both ends “sloppy”? How much is the slop? Essentially what is the diameter of the bolts and the corresponding diameter of the holes in the support arms?

Thanks to all that can help in any way!!

Regards all.

Derek.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Derek
I can't help directly, because I don't use Fusion 360, But I have colleague who do, as well as Pro-Engineer, Solidworks and several others.

Where are the John Saunders Plans? Is the model too large to put somewhere on HM? Maybe a link to it?
Most CAD packages import to their format, but won't export. The only universally transportable model type is STEP (.stp) files. Others like SAT are proprietary (needlessly), but often can be imported by CAD software. I don't know the Fusion360 format, but it seems unlikely the values you seek cannot be extracted.

I should be possible to get at the info you want off the published file, otherwise there was hardly a point to distributing it in the first place.

Ok great guys I will give the link a try. The plans Grayham-XRF are just on google. Thx. If anyone has an authentic Repeat-O-Meter however I would still appreciate the info but may end up following the Saunders (NYC CNC) plan.

Cheers all.

Derek

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok great guys I will give the link a try. The plans Grayham-XRF are just on google. Thx. If anyone has an authentic Repeat-O-Meter however I would still appreciate the info but may end up following the Saunders (NYC CNC) plan.

Cheers all.

Derek

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't have a repeat-o-meter, but I have a link to the info you've asked for: Repeat-O-Meter Info

You have to read through the thread. They give dimensions, pics, and reference to federal specs. Hope this helps.

Best Regards,
Bob

Thanks Bob. I read through and took some screen shots. I probably have most of what I need now to get going. I was amazed to read towards the end of that post how mean the guys got..... I will post some pics of my progress. I’ll call it the Covit-O-Meter, (for reference only,lol).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

For Plan B this is a somewhat simpler looking one. Uses ball pivots instead of the flex element. And also smaller pieces of material, better use of the off-cut pile.
Link to drwaings in the description:

Back