Repeat-o-meter?

Braeden P

Registered
Registered
Saw this it look like it has to do with checking flat surfaces but don’t know

It looks like to coarse of a measurement to be used for scraping

The company specializes in thickness measuring devices for process control. The above was most likely used in a Q.C. lab where a small sample was measured rather than out on the production line.

A repeato-meter was an instrument to check surface plates. the dial gauge was usually in the millionth of a [edit] meter millimeter. This type of gauge was used to determing flatness in a die, not for scraping precision surfaces.

Last edited:
A repeato-meter was an instrument to check surface plates. the dial gauge was usually in the millionth of a millimeter. This type of gauge was used to determing flatness in a die, not for scraping precision surfaces.

I think you meant to say millionth of a meter. The divisions on the the Rahn Repeat-O-Meter are .00002" or 20 microinches which is .508 micron.

you're right, @RJSakowski slip of the mental fingers there! thanks for fixing it! I picked up a Mahr indicator to make one for myself. It has 2 micron divisions, with space to read 1/3 that.

turns out it is for checking saw teeth but it seems way to fine of a measurement

Back