Replacement 6mm Ball Oiler / Oil Hole Cover / Button Oiler

ohland

Registered
Registered
Anyone have good luck with a certain seller or manufacturer? I see the flood of cheap press fit ones from China... Gits do not seem to make metric? Mafta is somewhat pricey, but if the blasted ball bearing does not drop into the headstock, it might be worth it.

Are you positive you need a metric size? The Gits oilers that I got (cap style) were 7-9 thous oversize and would not start in the existing hole in my Atlas 618. I used a 'mandrel' and filed them down enough to get them in.

Craig
Well, kinda like a 'mandrel' because I didn't have a working lathe! Used a close-fitting drill bit with some masking tape and mounted in the drill press. A hack, yes, but sometimes 'ya gotta do what ya gotta do'!

Anyone have good luck with a certain seller or manufacturer? I see the flood of cheap press fit ones from China... Gits do not seem to make metric? Mafta is somewhat pricey, but if the blasted ball bearing does not drop into the headstock, it might be worth it.
Hi ohland,
here you go.... ball oiler
https://www.mcmaster.com/metric-grease-fittings - (it's about half way down the page)
item #2421K34 $8.26 for a package of 5

the mc master units will work with your plastic squeeze bottle too!!
good luck :)

I just found some Gits on Amazon, ~$5.00/EACH!
do they oil themselves for that price?

Stanard sizes, I bet.

Has anyone tried them in a 6mm hole? 6mm would be @ .236 inch.

Back