Replacing push button switch

mickri

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
The push button switch on my mill/drill gave up the ghost today. In looking for replacements they are $50 or more from a US supplier like McMaster Carr or $5 from China on Ebay and who knows when I would get. Any reason why I can't use a good quality toggle switch from my local hardware store? The broken switch is a 15 amp switch. I am in the middle of a project and need to get my mill/drill working. And I never buy anything from Amazon.

The hardware store switch will work fine. Just make sure of the volts and amps rating on it.

Thanks Jim. I'll pick one up.

Search for shop fox switch.. E-bay has them... D4157...D4151...

Looked in my electrical spares and I had a 15 amp 120 volt switch and an electrical box to mount it in. Got everything hooked up and mounted. Finished up today's project. Too hot (95+) in the garage to do any more today.

I'll look for a Fox switch on Ebay.

Good switches have always been a bit expensive, a heavy duty toggle is perfectly fine as a substitute.
Carling switches are good. (if you can find them)
mark

A "toggle" switch will work fine, just be sure of the ratings, especially current.(amps) If I might suggest, Grizzly has a very nice magnetic push button start, paddle stop switch. I don't recall the price, but less than $25. It fits in a standard 2X4 box. Again, watch the current rating, but I think it would work in your application. And I really like the paddle stop function. Have it on a number of my machines, wood and metal working.

Back