Replacing the broken bearings in my pm1440gs headstock

I do not know, I talked with him on the phone and all sure seemed fine to me.

But, since you are bringing other stuff that has nothing to do with this for some reason, for that 833T, he had all the help he needed. First of all hes running on a vfd way above the machines rated RPM of the machine. He also said that his gears were getting pointy and ready to wear out in that thread, but when he sent pics of his machine in December, the gears sure looked fine to me. The one that moves has chamfered edges so it can slide in to gear easier when moved, its not worn out. Pic attached that he sent.

Second, he emailed us saying he needed a part, no name or anything. (not a big deal) But then we email him back that same day, and we receive the reply thats at the bottom of this email. Saying that they do not accept incoming mail. Sooooo OK then why email us from that address? So we reply back as you can see to get any info. Thats October 4 2018. On DECEMBER 7, 2018 he finally replies back to us with his info. I do not have the date here that he did receive the part, but he emailed us around Christmas asking if he may have installed it backwards. So it was not months to receive parts because of us, it was ALMOST 2 MONTHS BEFORE HE ANSWERED US. This and when he first bought the machine, he called and paid with a credit card, then said wait no I want to wire the money and not use me card. OK we refund and wait for the wire to come, Then it was up in the air etc. Then I get an email reaming us out for how long it took us to ship. Again, not us, we were waiting for him to figure out his payments.

So I ask again, why are you bringing things like this up and in to it when you have no idea what is really going at all? Now we are hijacking this guys thread who was working on his machine and needing help. I do not normally do this, but when its something like this, someone who has a problem with me for who knows what reason and is going to bash us for no reason, where thousands are going to see this over the years, I am going to defend it.

This is not something that should be done, Rich asked for help, he got it from one of the guys on this forum and then I talked to him too. Its a bad bearing, you are acting like the machine exploded and burnt his house down. Again do I want that to happen? No. Does it? Rarely, but yes. Its a machine.

Email is below for that 833T customer you are talking about. I starred out the personal info as that would not be right. His first response is at the bottom and then up from there, if you can follow it. To clear that up I just noted which is from who.

Thanks for your response, From Customer

I do not need the bronze nuts I managed to get those fixed. Upon full disassembly of the upper and lower table the nuts themselves were actually loose and not fastened properly. I removed the screws and added blue loctite to the threads and reinstalled the table so now it appears to be repaired. So it looks like the gear should be all I need. Unfortunately it took a very long time due to herniations in my back to check those bronze parts up close because I couldn’t lift the table by myself.

Kind Regards,

On Dec 8, 2018, at 5:15 AM, Parts - Precision Matthews Machinery Co. <parts@precisionmatthews.com> wrote:
From Precision Matthews regarding the brass nuts asked about

Can you please give us a description as to what’s wrong with them? It is no problem to send a set if there is something wrong, but I want to help make sure you do not have another problem, please let us know exactly what is going on with them and why they were defective.

We will need them back after they are changed out, so be sure to keep them, I will send a return label for the defective parts.

Thank you,

Also need bronze table nuts they are loose
From Customer

12/7/2018 From Customer
Dear sir my address is:

The above address should have be in your computer system from my purchase of model PM833t and serial number *****. I suppose it’s possible since I picked it up at a loading dock that there was a mix up along the way.

Sincerely,
Call or text to: **********

On Oct 4, 2018, at 12:23 PM, Parts - Precision Matthews Machinery Co. <parts@precisionmatthews.com> wrote:
From Precision Matthews

We need the address to send the parts, so I am not quite sure why we were emailed from this address if it does not accept emails, hopefully someone can see this and respond so we can get you the parts that you need.

Thank you,

Precision Matthews Machinery Co.- Parts Dept.
701 Parkway View Dr.
Pittsburgh, PA 15205
Ph# 412-787-2876
www.precisionmatthews.com

Email Contacts: (Please choose carefully to ensure a timely reply)

Shipping Questions: shipping@precisionmatthews.com
Technical Help: tech@precisionmatthews.com
Order/Billing Questions: orders@precisionmatthews.com
Parts: parts@precisionmatthews.com
Sales Questions: sales@precisionmatthews.com

On 10/4/2018 2:16 PM, ***************** wrote: -
Below is from the customers email
Dear Valued Customer,

This is an Automated Response. The email account you have messaged does not accept incoming mail. Due to the unusual High volume of emails we no longer use emails as a method to communicate because we do not have dedicated personnel to sort through thousands of emails a day and respond without affecting the efficiency of day to day operations. If you have any questions or concerns please contact the shop directly toll free at 1-***-*********s where you may conveniently call or text message a live person and get the answers you seek. You may also visit our website at ************* and check out our policies and shipping page for more detailed information.

Thank You for your understanding as we transition towards a more efficient buying experience..

I will not post again about this, this is not needed and not helping him fix his machine. I feel like a 12 year old kid but this needed to be cleared up.

Attachments

• 833T gearbox.jpeg
    833T gearbox.jpeg
    58.2 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:
MarkM - this is not your thread, your service problem or machine. This is a final warning to stop harassing a site sponsor.
Two years less a week and 30 hrs. Read the original post! Say no more. Then get on with it and help the guy!

Back