Repurposed swivel chair

Bamban

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Nothing fancy, just a useful thing. The limited motion of both shoulders preclude me from picking up anything with extended arms at shoulder height or more. This tray will serve my limitation very well.

Neighbor across the street put out this swivel for the area bulk pick up. The seat was all busted up, still grabbed it.

Ordered a bamboo tray from Amazon and bolted it to the unit. I can roll it around between machines

20200321_212646.jpg20200321_212705.jpg

Last edited:
Well done and very ingenious :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I definitely appreciate the tool holders. Nice project!

Nice. I salvaged one to roll buckets of mud or grout around big tile floor installs. I used just the bottom and it fits 3.5 or 5 gal buckets nicely. Helps save whats left of the lower back and extend the time I can stand to be on the floor working.

The final result hides the elegant simplicity of approach, and I like the bamboo tray - strong and light.
I gotta look away, or I will it will trigger my tool envy ailment!

Nice! There is always a dead computer chair on the curb around here.

I use small tool carts exclusively for storage and workbench/workstations. I find them much more useful than a stationary workbench because you have access all 4 sides and I can roll it up behind me working at wherever I'm working. My heavy duty welding cart is a hydraulic lift table and that's really handy for adjusting height for different projects and for lifting heavy stuff like rotary tables etc. I know an old guy came up with "work smarter, not harder". Words to live by.

I've repurposed a couple swivel chair bases, as well as salvaging parts from the hydraulic mechanisms. Here's one project I did a couple years ago. Swivel chair base (painted weird colors by the original owner) and part of the column, an adapter bushing turned from a PVC pipe bushing, a tube from (I think) a table saw fence guide, a couple of plumbing parts, an old desk lamp, and a 5Kg weight disk from Goodwill (for stability). It's a very handy mobile light source.
kHPIM6437.jpg kHPIM6438.jpg
kHPIM6439.jpg kHPIM6440.jpg

Hman

I like that. I will be on the lookout for another worn out chair in the neighborhood. A mobile lamp sounds like a useful thing.

Nez

I've repurposed a couple swivel chair bases, as well as salvaging parts from the hydraulic mechanisms. Here's one project I did a couple years ago. Swivel chair base (painted weird colors by the original owner) and part of the column, an adapter bushing turned from a PVC pipe bushing, a tube from (I think) a table saw fence guide, a couple of plumbing parts, an old desk lamp, and a 5Kg weight disk from Goodwill (for stability). It's a very handy mobile light source.
View attachment 317978 View attachment 317979
View attachment 317980 View attachment 317981
It dawns on me I'm good with lighting(believe it or not) but I have a little fan that I have on an old HF light tripod that follows me around to blow dust or fumes away from me that REALLY needs a castored stand like this! Thanks!

Back