Request

B

Bill Gruby

Forum Guest
Register Today
If you are going to post pics of a graphic nature could you please put the word GRAPHIC as the lead word of the Topic. These type of threads might be OK with some of you and not with others.

I wish not to see them, so if I see the word Graphic I will not look. I have seen more gore in 3 years than most of you will see in your entire life.

Thank you. "Billy G"

I had the same thoughts. Or better yet, post links to the photos instead of embedding the photos in the post.

I just got surgery on my leg yesterday. I had no idea I had 9 staples on the back side of my knee until I changed the bandages today. I almost fainted when I saw it. Like Bill said, some people can take it, I'm one of those who usually can't.

Any pictures Will?

Haha, actually I did take a picture. You seriously want to see? No blood, just a long incision with staples but enough to make me quiver!

Naaa, I'll pass. Just kidding. I do agree with Bill on posting a word of caution in the title.

I've seen my share of meat and blood over the years, too. At my first job, I was responsible to carry people to the ER that did not require an ambulance or EMT to carry to the hospital. And being in Houston area back then, You saw things they no longer let bystanders see today. One night at the ER back then is enough to last a lifetime!

OT, but Ken, you reminded me of a trip down there a while back to visit with Alloy Carbide. We went to lunch with the guys there to a Mexican (imagine that!) place nearby and while we were waiting to turn into the parking lot, we saw a young guy on the sidewalk......and a car came down the street, jumped the curb and hit him. I'm quite sure they broke his leg(s), and a couple of them hopped out, grabbed him and dragged him back to the car and shoved him into the back seat. Took all of about 15 seconds. Nice neighborhood!

There are many that derive some kind of pleasure from these type of pictures. In 1967 after a day of medevacs I found a bag of throw away cameras on my bird. I was too busy all day to notice one of the gunners taking pictures of the dead. That man never flew with me again. He never got the cameras either.

"Billy G"

I know what you mean, Bill. Had some acquaintances (cannot and will not call them "friends") send back some pics of the aftermath of suicide bombers and other attacks from some of the Middle East wars/military actions or whatever you want to call them. I have seen IR video of helicopter gunship night kills. Those were, I believe, for military records and probably should not have been distributed. All in all, even seeing the photo evidence, I found it quite disturbing. I cannot fathom how it must feel to those who witness it firsthand. And then for some to take some sick pleasure from recording or photographing it. There are certainly people in this world who are in need of help. Those people who sent such things to me are no longer in my list of acquaintances. I will not share in relishing the suffering or death of others.

What you guys are talking about is the reason most vets aren't willing to even talk about the wars they were in. It's a gastly world we live in. I too have seen enough to hate the things that we all must live with. I understand about posting graphic pictures . They should mark it that way. In some applications they can be used to teach others of things not to do. Still I'd say Mark them .

Thanks to those that served in some of the worst.
My father was a Korean Conflict Vet (Chosin Reservoir, 18 years old) and my father in law WWII (Pacific Island Sea Bee). They never spoke about what they saw except with others that were there and had the same experiences. I'm pretty sure the Vietnam and later vets I worked with that did all of the bragging and talking never saw anything bad. Once again, thanks.

Back