Resharps

Endmill size isn't the ROI break point; it's what variety of work is done. In mold work for example, we were tapering, ball nosing, adding corner radii, and corner rounding to cutters small as 3/16ths. At the time and likely still the case, they aren't bought over counter. CNC implementaion increased ordering options, but mold work entails endless variations; especially repair.
Didn't have common T&C reciprocating grinders, but Deckel SO, and Gorton 265 and still my favored tool grinder, the 375.

But we all digress. I posted this in the help section of the forum and i need help with either someone on here that does resharps or maybe a company that is good but may not break the bank.

It would be interesting to see what you find out. Nobody in my area did resharpening of endmills. The industry has long since gone to endmills being “consumables“. Add to that there are few who do machining outside of in house and few who even stock new endmills. This is exactly why I decided to do my own sharpening. I also had access to all the dull endmills I could use. I didn’t foresee my supply(my brother) moving out of state or I would have grabbed more. While resharpening is worthwhile for me, it’s not without its steep learning curve. One of the steepest was knowing what is a good grinder and does it have everything you need. The affordable used ones often had no attachments making them worthless and the ones that had all the attachments outrageously expensive making it not worth it IMHO.

If i didnt have a couple of 1-1.5" hss face mills i prob would not worry about it but they are not cheap.

Yup, my first resharpen was a 1” HSS with 1/2” shank. It is invaluable for the kind of work I do.

Back