Retaining clip pliers

Aukai

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
I was fighting with my circle clip retainers this morning, and my old internal, and external pliers were a bit frustrating. I've been online, and sets for 20 dollars do not interest me, and sets for 175 dollars are not needed for as much as I need them. What is your go to reasonably priced decent quality set?

I also have a few of those same ones. They are very nice. No jaw twisting and solid feeling.
I got them from mc master.

Joe

I’m all for nice tools but I often like to spend less when possible. I recently found the combo internal-external pliers with changeable tips to be too flexible for an internal ring I was using and bought these, which look like a less-expensive version of the ones above and did the trick perfectly for me.

Tangentially, what is a good tool for removing e-clips? I usually just grab them with pliers but is there a better way?
Robert

I must have six sets of retaining ring pliers (many USA-made). The reason I have so many is they are all junk. I bought a set of German made Knipex forged pliers and my search was over. They're perfection.

4631a224k57af60b92438b_600x600.jpg

I'm glad I asked here, thank you for the links.

Mike , I have a full set of Protos I use in at work , but , I just happen to know where some Snap Ons are . :)

Back