Retirement vs. Expirement .

As others have mentioned, medicine has come along way. Wishing and praying all goes well and you have a speedy recovery after the treatment.

Also, the mind is a powerful thing, as much as you can, stay positive and with a fighting attitude. Oh, and laugh every chance you get ;).

Ah Crap Dave!

I knew something big was up due to a couple of your comments in other threads.
I am sorry to hear how serious it is!

I am glad you feel comfortable sharing the news here.
You know your friends here will always be in your corner.

Put yourself first.
Keep positive.
You CAN beat this!

All my best hopes and wishes are with you.

Brian

So i was informed I have 6 months off from work . A few on here were informed . Chemo starts next Tuesday , continueing on for 3 months , Surgerys for the next 3 months . I feel that it's not life threatening but rather life altering . Bladder cancer stage 2 into the muscle which means it must come out . Might be a PITA but I've buried my friends these past few years . As always , did you smoke , work with dangerous stuff , chemicals , well yeah , all of the above . So I had to work with what was handed to me , just the facts . The smoking , you younger guys have to think this out . 62 1/2 years old and thought I was invincible . Well 'm not . Only time will tell .
Medicine has certainly come a long way, but it can still feel like you're getting chewed up and spit out by the process. I've been through the cancer wringer. It is life altering. Make sure to give yourself plenty of time and room to adjust.

I am glad you feel comfortable sharing the news here.
You know your friends here will always be in your corner.
+1 as Brino said.

A good friend, 72, just had stomach cancer surgery. three months later, he is back to his normal life with a very good prognosis.
All the best my friend.

Sorry to hear this Dave. Lost my sister inlaw to breast cancer,so my thoughts and prayers are with you. Wish you all the best.

-Michael-

Very sorry to hear you are facing this. Prayers sent for you and family to bear thru it. My two brothers and I have all been down similar road over the last 6 years. 76, 75 and me the brat at 64 all still kicking, very life altering.
The first is LET THAT MISERABLE JOB GO !!
and focus on you and yours. as others have said positive attitude makes a huge difference in survival and recovery.

My younger Brother has lost his bladder and one kidney to this ****. He is 5 years into remission, prognosis is as good as it gets, and he will tell ya he has beaten it twice. He has, and you can too. As stated above, your attitude will do more good than anything else. Kick its ass.

Good luck, Dave. Try to stay positive. Sounds like you caught it pretty early on. Wishing you the best.

LOL , just looked at 20 years worth of pics . Not a tech guy but my son pulled all the pics off the cards . I thank you all , and looking back and thinking back over the years , I feel great . Could have been worse . A few pics from the past that we dug up . Man did we have some parties back then . Ok , still having pic problems . :rolleyes:

Attachments

• IMG_3302.JPG
    IMG_3302.JPG
    7.6 MB · Views: 22
Back