Reviving a 15x30 Leblond

Nice I have to figure that out to , vfd or rotary . I guess you I’ll keep an eye on what is working for you. I just got mine , has some rust nothing major but everything seems ok . No tail stock it has a different set up for tail stock . It has like a drill press type thing for the stock with 6 different tool set up . You just loosen it and turn to go from like let’s say from drill bit to bore tool orphan
Typo sorry “or collet” it’s nice but takes to much space and a 30 is already limited

I had trouble with my lathe when first purchased. The servo would not shift quickly. I looked at going VFD - best plan was to completely disable the servo shift and install a **** lever to move one set of gears from lo to hi range. Leave all other gears in one position.

You would need two VFDs - one small unit to run oil pump, and coolant pump if needed. Another big unit to run spindle. My plan was to completely gut the wiring and start over. It looked like quite the job.

It made me go back and fix the servo shift. My problem was low oil pressure and dirt in the mechanism. Cleaning, new filter, new relief valve and it ran like new. Still does

Anyone with this LeBlond 15x30 know if it will run with 220 or it has to be 440

i am sure the original machine was dual voltage. it is possible that the spindle motor was replaced with hi volts only.

Sure, if you are not familiar with this, best to ask for electrician help.

here's the ecletrical. it says to look at transformer for voltage connections. it will be the same with the motors

Attachments

• leblond eletrical.pdf
    344.6 KB · Views: 11
Back