Reviving a 15x30 Leblond

Karl_T,

If you have LeBlond manuals that we don't already have, you are free to upload them to Downloads. If I go to your Dropbox location, download some, and upload them to here, the system will give me credit instead of the actual source.

I'm one hell of a machinist, but no good with 'puters. help me out. thanks

Do you mean to tell you how to do it, or to download and then upload them?

Hey guys, new member here, trying to make this breif, as I have a long winded nature. I am a once before full-time machinist, returning to the field , this time on my own time/dime, in my own hobby shop. Iv purchased several pieces of equipment recently, but the most recent being a 1970 model year Leblond Regal Servo Shift 15x30. Leblond , being super helpful, sent over the original purchasing/build documents. This is a one owner machine, purchased by a trade school, then purchased by myself. Further inspection has gone rather well, so far no mechanical issues within the headstock, but yet to be powered

This lathe uses a 208v 3ph Delco motor, 60HZ. In leblonds documents, they state 208v plus or minus 10%. Iv recently powered my Microcut 1050 manual mill using a VFD for the first time, but this lathe has a more complex design and unsure if a VFD can be used, or is a rotary phase converter is a better option

Can 220v 3ph be used to power the motor?

Has anyone used a VFD for phase conversion on a servo shift lathe?

Iv found a used rotary phase converter locally, 1ph to 3ph, but is a 7.5hp model. Can a 7.5hp model be used for a 5hp model?
I have a similar lathe , mine is 15x30 SN# 11C 1430 and need all or any info on it

did my drop box link in an earlier post not work for you?? I never did figure how to download to this site.

If you need it, PM me your email address and I will get them to you that way.

did my drop box link in an earlier post not work for you?? I never did figure how to download to this site.

If you need it, PM me your email address and I will get them to you that way.
eliaspatino73@gmail And thank you

I just emailed them.

Karl

@Jasteven I have the 15X60 version, from 1979. Mine is all in bits right now as I moved it out of a basement and into my shop...

I've got my 7.5 HP one on a 15HP rotary converter, but I am thinking about how to VFD it and make it work with all the controls... Not a simple project!

One of my servo gear engagements is not registering correctly, so stay tuned!

@Jasteven I have the 15X60 version, from 1979. Mine is all in bits right now as I moved it out of a basement and into my shop...

I've got my 7.5 HP one on a 15HP rotary converter, but I am thinking about how to VFD it and make it work with all the controls... Not a simple project!

Nice I have to figure that out to , vfd or rotary . I guess you I’ll keep an eye on what is working for you. I just got mine , has some rust nothing major but everything seems ok . No tail stock it has a different set up for tail stock . It has like a drill press type thing for the stock with 6 different tool set up . You just loosen it and turn to go from like let’s say from drill bit to bore tool orphan

Nice I have to figure all that out , I just bought mine and doing maintenance on it . Cleaning the ways and oiling everything down . Then figure out if vfd o rotary . I’ll keep an eye on your post to help me decide . Hopefully I can get a break down manual

Back