Revolver speed loader

The ball thingy is a ball bearing with a spring behind it. The ball is .100, center rod on mine are .245, all three roll pins are the same dia. .070.

I really like the set screw with ball if I could find a size that will work.....ie if there is enough room to fit in.
I also think if you just use a steel ball with spring.....the cross pins have to maintain a pressure on the ball to get it to stay in. There is a space difference between a 5 shot and 6 shot speed loader, so that will have to be taken into account.

I really like the set screw with ball if I could find a size that will work.....ie if there is enough room to fit in.
I also think if you just use a steel ball with spring.....the cross pins have to maintain a pressure on the ball to get it to stay in. There is a space difference between a 5 shot and 6 shot speed loader, so that will have to be taken into account.
There are several choices for the spring ball part with all self contained and won’t come out. Some you drill a hole and glue in

Search for the exact size you need. The pics are from Amazon

IMG_0065.jpeg

If quality is a concern, Kipp has detent plungers like that in their catalog (orderable by P/N through zoro). They make very fine components.

Ok guys all done and works great. I put a little aluma black on it. I made a rounded bottom stem and machined a little recess on it to hold the spring and it keeps pressure on the roll pin and at the same time keeps upward pressure on the top of the stem.

I want to thank all of you who helped make this possible20230507_150107.jpg

Back