RF-30 Clone Head Alignment Guide

Rob,-

Now you have me going again, mine has two belts. Does three mean you have a power quill down drive?

No, I just have two intermediate pulleys. Here are photos that show the pulleys and the spindle speeds I have available.

Rob

20191020_170909_HDR.jpgIMG_20190929_165320.jpg

Interesting, do the two idler pulleys mount on the same mount?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, they are on separate, stacked brackets that pivot around the column. They have to be able to move independently in order to change the position of the belt they share.

Rob

Rob,-

Seem there are lots of variations on this style of bench mill. Thanks for the pictures.
Here is my setup and the speed chart. The 3000 top end is useful for small drills and end mills.
Got tired of flipping the top cover up so removed it and put a shorty safety guard at the front.
By the way, you mentioned column size in your writeup, checked mine and it is a little over 4.5".

Canuck75

Attachments

• IMG_9436.jpeg
    IMG_9436.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 73
  • IMG_9438.jpeg
    IMG_9438.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 68
Mine is identical to @Canuck75's. Three pulley system and a column approaching 120mm. Guess we get 12 speeds with either system.

Rob,-

Seem there are lots of variations on this style of bench mill. Thanks for the pictures.
Here is my setup and the speed chart. The 3000 top end is useful for small drills and end mills.
Got tired of flipping the top cover up so removed it and put a shorty safety guard at the front.
By the way, you mentioned column size in your writeup, checked mine and it is a little over 4.5".

Canuck75
I’ve got the same on my Enco RF 30. If you guys haven’t seen it, check out Gravydog’s mod for quick belt adjust. very slick. I’m probably going to do the min and just put some double nuts or nylock nuts on that pesky column adjusters. Why I didn’t think of that before dunno. I do have to say if I had two of them silly idlers like GD, it would have been more on my mind! One idler is bad enough.

I have an Enco rf30 also. I hated changing the speed so much that I replaced the motor with a VFD and 3 phase motor. I changed the old belts with link belts. Now a speed change involves turning a knob, no fooling with belt guards, etc.

I've posted this several times. It has fixed all head bolt related issues for me. It's about $23 to buy. The spherical nuts move to ensure tension is even. The double nuts are big, and fit the casting in the head. It fixes slipping, crooked clamping, sagging, and nagging spouses. The bill of materials is below.
IMAG0093.jpg

Back