RF-30 Handwheels

ChandlerJPerry

H-M Supporter - Silver Member
H-M Supporter - Silver Member
Are there any differences in the fit/style of RF-30 handwheels between different brands? My machine only came with one so I will need to order a couple from Grizzly etc. I just want to make sure I will get a part that fits :). Also in need of the accordion cover that bolts to the column and back of the table, should that be a universal part as well?

Attachments

• IMG_20200907_153738.jpg
    IMG_20200907_153738.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 144
  • IMG_20200907_153802.jpg
    IMG_20200907_153802.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 172
Grizzly should be the same. I’d only order one because I can’t even imagine being without X drive and you can’t have a hand wheel on the side with the drive. The cover you mention is just a piece of flat rubber. Far easier to clean than a bellows.

You can reach out to Grizzly's Tech Service they can provide you with some critical measurements.

When I was looking for a hand wheel for my mill/drill I reached out to Grizzly for the dimensions on their hand wheels. I was told they don't have the dimensions and all I could do was buy one to see if it fit. I was amazed that they didn't have drawings with dimensions.

Try looking here. You should be able to find something from McMaster-Carr.

for about $15-20, I bought a cast aluminum hand wheel from an e-bay seller (in china). It was almost an exact match, but I had to make an adaptor for the RF30. It was a fun project.

If you still need hand wheels for an RF-30, or for others who may need them in the future, Acra Machinery in California is the dealer and stocks a wide variety of RF-30 and 31 parts. Call Freddie at 909-899-8885. Factory replacement hand wheels are $30 per set, plus UPS.

I have RF30 from John Bryant Saws, probably 1980s, anyhow I only have one damaged old die cast hand wheel. I figured I would need to machine the back of a Chinese cast iron wheel to fit. I just cant find anything in Australia. I could do 8", make left and right easier, better feel when feeding

My X axis is an 8” wheel. It does make fine movements much easier.

My X axis is an 8” wheel. It does make fine movements much easier.
On Ebay I found a 160mm with handle, 16mm bore, no key and a good protrusion on the back, just AU$30 delivered, I will need to mill the Y on the back as pic and bore to 17mm-43/64" The original Rong Fu was 5" die cast poo, the new ones are ugly plastic, also soo expensive

Attachments

• CloseUp.jpg
    CloseUp.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 21
  • s-l1600 (1).jpg
    s-l1600 (1).jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Back