RF-30 parts help

My machine takes a B33 motor & B40 spindle belt. Grizzly G1007, June’2004 machine.
Grizzly site says it should be B33 & B42.
With B42 belt wouldn’t tighten was way too long. Go figure.
I guess my point is these belt sizes are all over the place for the RF30/31 machines.
I’m with RJSakowski, stay with B belt.
You don’t know anything about V belts?
Welcome to my world, only with me it’s wiring.
Only thing I know for sure about wiring is when a person lets the Magic Smoke out, it’s a bad thing.
You’ll figure it out, Cheers,MM
I'm not saying mine is "right", but it is easy to pinch the belt together on my Craftex machine when the lock is released:

View attachment 381382

(It is the same between the motor and idler as the idler to spindle.)

Again on mine, I only push the motor out by about an inch to tension the belt. I was always taught that v-belts don't need to be guitar-string tight. When a load is applied, the v-belt automatically gets pulled down into the wedge-shaped pulley and provides appropriate friction. Besides, if something goes horribly wrong, it is better that the belts slip!

View attachment 381381

Again just for reference, the belts on my Craftex are a B-34 and B-42.

HTH,

Craig
I bought larger longer belts

Interesting problem. I have a Taiwanese 2008 King PDM 30 which is the same as a RF30. It takes 5/8" wide 34" and 40" belts. They tighten and loosen by a single over-centre lever which can also adjust the tension. Belts can be moved very quickly and I have never had a problem doing so.
Looking at your pictures the bottom of the pulley V's look very shiny, are the belts riding low and polishing the bottom of the V?, in other words are your belts the right width? Have included a couple of pictures which may give you some ideas to work with.

Canuck75

Attachments

• IMG_6290.jpeg
    IMG_6290.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG_6291.jpeg
    IMG_6291.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 19
Back