RF-30 parts help

FWIW I just measured the X leadscrew diameter, mine appears to me .926 or 23.52mm, with 10 TPI, or as close to that as I could figure. Half nut appears to be brass, hard to see under there, very greasy.
Only reason I think it is an RF-31 is the speeds are 150-3000, most RF-30 i’ve seen are 120-2500. And my speed chart on top of belt guard has #31 of it.
zdiaz & C-Bag thanks for the info. I guess we’ll keep looking into this.
Some newer machines can be a mystery, unlike my 80 yr old SB 9C.
So it goes.

I have a Grizzly G1006/1007, nameplate says Taiwan produced in 6-2004.
From Research I think it’s an RF-31
I am the second or third owner.
I also have lots of play in my X travel. Y not so much.
I have tried to adjust out the play with a 4mm long allan wrench, the half nut will not budge either way.
To be fair I haven't taken the table apart yet, so do not know the condition of the halfnut?
The machine has been well used, but has been maintained & lubed, XYZ move very smooth and it works very well.
I’ll post anything else I discover.
There are some factors about the play that should be taken into account. The hold down bolts on mine were loose. Through other sites this is a common problem. Mine came with a very stout table with 1/4" steel top. But he neglected to cut an access hole to be able to get to the hold down bolts for the X, and the halfnut adjustment for the Y. So my first step was to pull the machine off and plasma an access hole. Once I got the X halfnut tied down it took out a lot of play. Then tightening the adjustment. The other play can also be in the thrust bearing because there's no adjustment because of that roll pin.

Last edited:
Thanks zdiaz925. It is very possible it's the same maker. That would be a wonderful break. As far as anybody can see the 30 and the 31 are basically the same machine. Have you gotten a X half nut from Acra?
never ordered a half-nut but I think you need is code: 23/part number: 6223-1/description: table nut/specification:TM 23.7-10 its the second #23 on the table parts list, double check the diagram and if its what your looking for definitely try Freddie at Acra Machinery. I know they're open and running cause I ordered last week. the manual pdf is at http://joebullisproshop.com/Pro Shop/Complex Machine Instruction Manual.pdf

If anyone else is needing RF parts, I'm happy to report that I just bought a number of replacement RF parts from Freddie @ Acra Machinery, thanks to the info posted above by zdiaz925. They are genuine RF parts, and he will email you the parts schematic blowups for your use to make sure you are ordering the part you need. Easy to deal with, ships out UPS. 909-899-3000.

Hi everyone I am a new member I just purchased a rong fu rf 30 and I am having serious trouble with the drive belts my machine is a 1997 looks like brand new and it came with the belts which I believe to be original and they are the size the parts manual says it takes they will not fit on there to save my life I finally wrestled one on and I had to take the motor off to get the belts off couldn't even pry them off figured that was way too much tension on the bearings on this machine so I purchased new belts the same size they would not go on their neither so I bought belts an inch longer on both ends they seem to go on but they do not seat in the pulleys very good at all and run like crap they don't seem flexible enough to make it around the smaller pulleys on the motor end much less the larger ones what am I missing here what belts does everybody use on the rf-30 that are flexible enough to seat in correctly and make the small bends that are required on the motor end pulleys help it's driving me crazy and I'd really like to get this machine up and running it's an excellent shape looks like it's never even been used thanks for your replies in advance

just purchased a rong fu rf 30 and I am having serious trouble with the drive belts
Just in case because you say the machine is new to you...do you unlock the belt adjustment? See the arrow below (although your machine could be slightly different.)

belt adjustment lock.jpg

When unlocked, the motor will swing in on a pivot which makes it much easier to change the belt settings. If yours is different, please post a picture or two.

Craig

Just in case because you say the machine is new to you...do you unlock the belt adjustment? See the arrow below (although your machine could be slightly different.)

View attachment 381300

When unlocked, the motor will swing in on a pivot which makes it much easier to change the belt settings. If yours is different, please post a picture or two.

Craig
There’s also locks on the center pulley to make it rotate/loosen. I’ve never had a problem getting belts on and off. Pics are best for troubleshooting.

There’s also locks on the center pulley to make it rotate/loosen. I’ve never had a problem getting belts on and off. Pics are best for troubleshooting.
Yes I've loosened all the locks and pulled the motor all the way forward as far as it will go after some serious muscle I got the original belts on but I could not even pry them off I had to loosen the motor to Pivot it forward to be able to even pry the belts off since it is 25 years old I thought I will buy new belts I'm having the same results I added an inch to each of the belts and I do go on but they do not seat in the pulley especially around the small pulleys on the motor I got the Goodyear power something 2 belts for the new ones and it just don't seem like they're pliable enough to bend around motor pulleys and dont even seat right on the bigger ones like the belts are just Stiff or not pliable enough should I try like a clogged belt in the B series or 5/8 with or maybe even try the narrow line of belt but they are deeper or a thicker cross-section on the height of the V kind of at a loss and my parts store is tired of taking back these belts that just isn't working for me have returned six different B series belts I need to come up with a solution to this I would think simple problem but apparently I'm the only one experiencing this with this Mill beginning to wonder if this was the reason it was never used and looks to be brand new still had the factory cosmoline on it when i bought it

Attachments

• 20210927_191445.jpg
    20210927_191445.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 25
  • 20211002_172048.jpg
    20211002_172048.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 26
You’re right, that machine looks like new.
There’s gotta be a simple solution to this dilema.
I have a machine just like it and have looked it over to try’n help you.
Above all do not get frustrated & start hammering on it & forcing things.
You will figure it out, these machines are pretty simple & robust.
And accurate & fun to use.
Good luck

With new folks it’s hard to know their background. We are a friendly bunch and don’t want to offend, so sorry. Some don‘t have experience with messing with belts. Knowing the thing looks like it’s brand new I would adjust the belts and run it to get the belts hot to get the “set” out of them. Might stretch them out. B series belts are very stiff at first.

Back