Rf 30 spline wrench

At first when I saw it, b4 I read your post, I thought you took a hex die, and ground it down inside. Good solution.

The hexagonal shape was basically used for indexing. As this is a 6 splines shaft, you dont have to bother with a dividing head. It doesn’t always have to be complicated!

What I like is it's nice and thick. I bought one of those homemade ones off eBay an it was maybe 1/8" thick and when I used it I think it left dings on the splines. I'd never felt the head hang up before during down feed, so I tossed it. Yours there is no way it's going ding the splines. Good job.

Any reason that I should not be just putting the mill in L-1 to tighten and loosen the collet drawbar?

Good Idea, I may have to try that. I just got an Enco 30 that did not have a spline wrench. Now I have a project for it.

Most of the time, you wont have to use this tool since the draw bar is quite easy to unscrew but, since this is not a gear head machine, no matter the speed you've chosen the spindle will turn easily.

Most of the time, you wont have to use this tool since the draw bar is quite easy to unscrew but, since this is not a gear head machine, no matter the speed you've chosen the spindle will turn easily.
Very correct. With the gears in the lowest setting, the spindle is difficult to turn.

With my belt driven rf 30, no matter the setting, the spindle turns easily

Back