RF-45 mill power feed mount improvement

Some more pics

SNAG-9-29-2018 0000.jpg

SNAG-9-29-2018 0001.jpg

SNAG-9-29-2018 0002.jpg

SNAG-9-29-2018 0003.jpg

Thanks petertha. Your pictures help a lot.
I don't have a part #24 so will have to fabricate something as part of my Lead Screw extension. My lead screw is much too short and will require an significant extension that can be supported by the bearing in the adapter plate.

I have measured the distance from the top of my table to the centre of my lead screw and it is 2.375 " which is only a small difference to the 2.328 on your RF45. But then I remembered that your adapter plate seems to protrude above the top of your table. Can you please advise on the size of this protrusion.

Still trying to get my brain around what this means but I think that if I make my adapter plate level with the top of my table the gearing will still almost exactly line up with my lead screw.
Cheers
Ron

I'll measure it for you. Its been a while since I looked at these drawings but do recall the extruded motor bolt bracket edge ends up above the table top just based on how the gear diameters line up & how the pocket clamp casting was intended to work. So I made my plate also extend above the table this same amount +/- minor gear adjustment. I figured this would look & function better than having the plate flush with table & bracket sticking above that. Looking at my working sketch this amount was 0.329". The PF drive & mill is a Frankenhybrid if inch & metric so dimensions are funny.

Here is the PDF drawing of actual part. I just realized I included an earlier drawing in earlier post, sorry. I believe the bolt pattern is same, just opted for a simpler, meatier rectangle with lopped off corners underneath.

SNAG-9-30-2018 0004.jpg

Attachments

• endplate power feed 4.PDF
    34.3 KB · Views: 271
Resurrecting an old thread - but just wanted to say thanks for the inspiration. I was adjusting tuning up my PM932 last week and decided it was time to knock this project out. It was quick, easy and an upgrade that I would very much recommend. It feels much more solid and was well worth the effort.
It went so well that by the time i realized i didn't take any picture, I was done!

Glad it helped & I was able to contribute something useful.

Resurrecting an old thread - but just wanted to say thanks for the inspiration. I was adjusting tuning up my PM932 last week and decided it was time to knock this project out. It was quick, easy and an upgrade that I would very much recommend. It feels much more solid and was well worth the effort.
It went so well that by the time i realized i didn't take any picture, I was done!
Thanks for resurrecting this, and thanks to @petertha for the original design. I am going to be implementing this on my G0755 at some point as it uses the same funky mount from the factory.

Back