• We want to encourage those of you who ENJOY our site and find it USEFUL to DONATE and UPGRADE your membership from active member to donating or premium membership. If you want to know the differences in membership benefits, please visit THIS PAGE:

https://www.hobby-machinist.com/premium/

Donating memberships start at just $10 per year. These memberships are in fact donations that help pay our costs, and keep our site running!
    Thank you for your donation, God Bless You

• As some of you know, I have wanted to stop managing H-M for some time. It's a tremendous strain on my personal life. I want to set up my own shop. In September, September 15, to be exact, it will be 8 years that Hobby-Machinist has been in existence.

I have been training VTCNC to run things here. Dabbler is going to learn too. I feel that they are ready to start taking over the operation. I will be here to help in case they need, but I don't think they will. Tony Wells is and will be here also to consult with. I will be doing backups, upgrades, and installing addons. Other than that, I will not be around. I am leaving this place in good operating condition, and financial condition.
    --Nelson
[4]

RF30 depth stop?

[3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

jeepguy88

Swarf
Registered
Hi, I have a RF30 that needs a new acme thread screw for the depth stop. Anyone know the size? 1/2x? Bought my RF30 and it is all chewed up. Figured I could buy a threaded rod off eBay and turn the end down to fit the bottom nut/thumb twist part.
Thanks! 1486854611661-1316052986.jpg

woodchucker

Titanium
Former Member
Pick up whatever the bridgeport uses. Then use the simple spring loaded clamps that you just clip on.

darkzero

Global Moderator
Staff member
H-M Supporter - Gold Member ($25)
BPs are 1/2"-20 but not Acme

TomS

Active User
I have a couple in my scrap box. One came off my RF-30 mill drill and the other came off my PM-932. If you want one it's yours. PM with your mailing address.

Tom S.

mikey

Active User
I have a couple in my scrap box. One came off my RF-30 mill drill and the other came off my PM-932. If you want one it's yours. PM with your mailing address.

Tom S.
This is what I love about the HM forum - guys like you, Tom!

TomS

Active User
This forum has been very good to me. It's is my way of giving back.

Tom S.

[6]
[5] [7]