Rfq For Shims

Bamban

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I am looking for one of you folks to cut a small run of shims for my project.

Thickness 0.001

OD - 0.740, + 0.005

ID - 0.625, + 0.003

Quantity - 24 pieces.

The dimensions are really loose whatever you can cut within the range. Shims they are what they are, whatever the tolerance they come in is fine.

Thank you.

I think you want bushings rather than shims---have you looked at copper tubing sizes to see if any come close to your needs? ----but, look at your specs---it's impossible to to have a 0.740 OD and a 0.625 ID and a 0.001 side wall. Perhaps you can post a sketch of what you need and it would clarify it .
olcopper

Bamban,

Did you find what you needed? I have made these type of shims by modifying stainless steel shims from McMaster.

I think you want bushings rather than shims---have you looked at copper tubing sizes to see if any come close to your needs? ----but, look at your specs---it's impossible to to have a 0.740 OD and a 0.625 ID and a 0.001 side wall. Perhaps you can post a sketch of what you need and it would clarify it .
olcopper
Think of it as a washer.

I was going to suggest that buying 3/4" x 1/2" shims from McMaster (under $1.00 each) and punching out the ID. But you listed the max OD as 0.740". However, it just occurred to me that you could make a shouldered mandrel with clamping washer and use a tool post grinder to reduce the OD of all 24 pieces in one operation.

Back