Riser Block For 6X26 Mill

buddy3223

Registered
Registered
I finished my riser block and have now installed. Everything went great and the machine now has extra distance from table to colum. With this block it has raised the head 5 3/8 inches. I used a section of hot rolled material and drilled the bolt holes all the thur. image.jpeg

that's really cool! Planning on doing something similar myself soon! How did the front/ rear tram turn out?

that's really cool! Planning on doing something similar myself soon! How did the front/ rear tram turn out?
The head tram was the same as before the exteninion. I had to put a shim in the front to tram when the machine was new and I had to replace it with the added height. When I had the head off I found than there was a lot of trash on the surfaces, I had hoped that was the reason that I had to put shim in but that was not the case. After I machined the spacer I checked it on my surface plate and everything was parallel. It was easy to mill but it was all my 9" SB wanted and it was all I wanted to lift also. Good luck

Nice job. I was planning on doing that to my Herless SM-1 (similiar to Grizzly G0731) but I ended up buying a Hafco Bm-20E which is a bridgeport clone and it's got ample space.

I finished my riser block and have now installed. Everything went great and the machine now has extra distance from table to colum. With this block it has raised the head 5 3/8 inches. I used a section of hot rolled material and drilled the bolt holes all the thur.View attachment 359339
I got a reply to this through the conversation forum already thanks!

Last edited:
Back