riser block for a grizzly g0796

putting a riser block, after powerfeeds, is the best upgrade, I made to the Jet JVM-836 mill.

I will take that 4 inch riser off your hands to help you out, where is it?

I used a standard Bridgeport for my grizzly. I highly recommend only a six for now but a four spare is nice. With a simple hoist, half hour leisurely job, easy.

Hello, as pictured I have a grizzly g796, a Bridgeport clone obviously and the Bridgeport series one risers fit it perfectly. I believe it has a 12 and 1/2 diameter bore, no slop or extra work required to fit but the x brace fits only one way so keep spinning it around, one orientation slips right in. The six inch was a good compromise, four too small, eight too tall, you can touch the table with the quill extended so small work not an issue. Bolts holes match right up, no extra fiddling. I am 6’4” so no bending in half now.

Last edited:
Ebay buy, new,No ebay listing from seller now but wow, the prices have gone way up. If you are unsure just undo the four bolts and lift it as I had to verify your diameters, it’s easy. You can use one or two spiders depending on where you want it to rotate on. I used one and shortened the supplied bolts a little. Can’t magnify that website on this phone large enough to read but they seem expensive.

Last edited:
putting a riser block, after powerfeeds, is the best upgrade, I made to the Jet JVM-836 mill.
It comes with the x power feed, I plan on adding the Z & Y after I check what size shaft it has for sure. Also I won't be able to stand not having quill DRO, so that will be one of the first items as well I'm sure. Adam Booth installed one, I'll have to go research what kind it was, seems like it was Mitutoyo.

Power z yes, the y gets in the way and you have to tilt the power z for clearance. I took the two axis dro off to put on my lathe and bought the same three axis sino and replaced it for the mill. So I master one style dro and salvage the two axis dro. Ebay also

Back