Riser for the mill

I really like mine! I think mills were designed for short people. I'm 6'4 and was straining my back a bit.

i think mine is a 10 inch, put it in for a job years ago and have never taken it out. Only drawback is reaching the table, often have to use a collet chuck to get spindle length and have to use the swivel on my vice to make it taller.

Greg

I’m 5’ 8”, I put a 4” riser block in my Jet mill, that sits on a 6” thick plastic pallet, with a 1/2” steel plate on top, I just wish, I’d bought a 6” block, its still a little too low. I put 8” of leveling base/legs under the Rockwell mill, I should have done 10” or 12”.

Shops way too clean....................................

Mine is a 8" I believe. I might need to jump through some hoops to work directly on the table, but the vise is fine.

I was worried the 7" would be too much but is good. I can still reach the top of the mill with no problem

You pick it up off of Ebay?

yep. tried on another one but they would not come down to what I wanted to pay. then this came up and it was cheaper so I made an offer and they accepted.

I have been casually looking on Ebay also. When I find one I want it is always across the US and shipping it kills the deal.

Back