Robertson No4

So 3/8 steel for the rear wheels is proving to be insufficient for the weight as a start putting things back on... I have about 1/4 of deflection... I'm going to swing by the steel shop on the way home and get another 3/8 piece and double them up in the rear...

I did a video that I just posted of the cleanup... I keep telling myself that grease and grime are better than rust... but so far I've gone through two rolls of blue paper towels, two small brass brushes, several old tooth brushes, a couple of gallons of kerosene and about half a spray bottle of simple green... pretty sure this was not cleaned at anytime in the last 80 years...

I'll have a video of the two pumps sometime this week... I have a switch coming so I can turn it off and on without plugging an unplugging it... It should be running by the end of the week...

Just picked this up today...

any idea how old it is? any manuals around for them (a quick google search didn't yield anything)... it has a 8x8 inch capacity and built in coolant system.

We put it in my yukon with a forklift... to get it out I'm to partially disassemble as I don't have a forklift of my own. I'm thinking of mounting it on a dolly so I can move it around... probably weighs 400 pounds give or take...

the previous owner had two other powered hacksaws... he was looking to make room in his shop...

I have a photo of the serial number tag but am waiting for that one to be approved so I can post it...

That's a good heavy saw

That's a good heavy saw

thanks... it's probably around 700 pounds... I ended up doubling up the 3/8 steel on the rear of the unit for the wheels as it was a bit bouncy... now it's very stable... I have more of the machine put back together and should finish it this weekend... I also cleaned out the coolant sump... took about two gallons of crap out of it... I'm going to spray it down with kerosene tomorrow to finish up the cleanout... I should have another video tomorrow on saturday...

thanks... it's probably around 700 pounds... I ended up doubling up the 3/8 steel on the rear of the unit for the wheels as it was a bit bouncy... now it's very stable... I have more of the machine put back together and should finish it this weekend... I also cleaned out the coolant sump... took about two gallons of crap out of it... I'm going to spray it down with kerosene tomorrow to finish up the cleanout... I should have another video tomorrow on saturday...
Cool
I just bought a new G4030 horizontal bandsaw
From Grizzly
But I like what you got there

Cool
I just bought a new G4030 horizontal bandsaw
From Grizzly
But I like what you got there

that looks awesome... big machine... I was going back and forth between something like this and a smaller bandsaw... this seemed cooler... and I'm in no rush...

that looks awesome... big machine... I was going back and forth between something like this and a smaller bandsaw... this seemed cooler... and I'm in no rush...
Yes that is way more cooler
I would have bought that in a heart bet if I had found it .
I needed a saw pretty bad so I bought a new Grizzly G4030
I like my new saw don't get me wrong

IMG_5820.JPG

IMG_5821.JPG

Last edited:
got the machine running today... here's the first video of the two pumps

and here's the first cuts... the first one was a little rough... then I tightened things further much smoother... I need to adjust the lift on the back stroke... getting and 1/2 inch right now... should be 1/8...

That saw is cool it will last 100 years longer.
I have a question is there any way to move the vice
Out to the other end of the saw blade so you can
Get full use out of both halfs of the blade .

That saw is cool it will last 100 years longer.
I have a question is there any way to move the vice
Out to the other end of the saw blade so you can
Get full use out of both halfs of the blade .

not really... you could build a vice to do so... it just bolts in place...

that's a 2.5 inch piece and the capacity is 8 inches... which would use more of the blade... I'm going to make some rocket stoves out of 6x6 which will use more of the blade...

Oh.. you can also use shorter blades... I think I can go down to 12... I have a 17 inch blade on there now... so with the shorter blade you'd again use more of the blade up...

Back