Robots Cant Weld very GOOD!!!

That means I need to buy a TIG welder.....AND......Mountains of material to practice with.
:mo money:

A tig has been on my wish list for many years.....

That means I need to buy a TIG welder.....AND......Mountains of material to practice with.
:mo money:

A tig has been on my wish list for many years.....
I have 2 HTP-221 inverter welders.....they will do everything the big $10,000.00 welders where I used to work did......awesome people and technical support 1-800-USA -WELDS.....no I dont work for them and probably will get in trouble for passing this on to you....Oh Well.....I was a jet engine mechanic in the navy....pulse jet principals we had to learn about.....does your engine have reed valves or do you start it with a high velocity blower?? Where is the fuel supply??

I have a HTP MIG-200 welder now, so I am quite familiar with them.

This PJ does have reed valves AND you start it with high velocity air. There is 2 liters of fuel in the air frame along with the electric fuel pump. 2L of fuel is good for about 5 minutes..... Thirsty little devil.

I have a HTP MIG-200 welder now, so I am quite familiar with them.

This PJ does have reed valves AND you start it with high velocity air. There is 2 liters of fuel in the air frame along with the electric fuel pump. 2L of fuel is good for about 5 minutes..... Thirsty little devil.
Neat!!! What is the ultimate trim length of the tailpipe for maximum thrust?? That's how we had to get the max out of them

Neat!!! What is the ultimate trim length of the tailpipe for maximum thrust?? That's how we had to get the max out of them
I remember seeing this helicopter going to Vietnam that had a pulse jet on each tip of the main rotor and they used it for recon over hostile territory......looked kind of like a suicide vehicle to me and it was a single seater and small.....probably pretty fast

Since my PJ is a "commercial" unit, that length is already tuned in for me.
The bulk of my experimenting will be with the fuel mix.
Regardless of the fuel used, the fuel will require a 5% oil mix, the PJ does not need the oil but the gear pump supplying the fuel does need it.
I am hoping to be able to run it on K1 Kerosene + oil so it drinks the same fuel as my turbines. K1 will also give the maximum thrust of the suitable fuels. But straight K1 is difficult to get started. To aid starting it is recommended to add gasoline to the fuel up to 40%. The extra volatility of the gas makes starting easier to where it can be started with just compressed air blowing in. To start on K1 may/will require that the air blown in be a mix with propane to initially get some fire going. From the time it starts you have 10 seconds to get it in the air before it overheats and melts the SS thrust tube.
It is pretty and shiny now, after the first run it will be heat blue to black. I checked with the places that do ceramic coating for headers, they all said their coating will not take this much heat.

Here is a link to my build thread for this beast with a lot more info.

Ahh the Hiller Hornet, YH-32 with its Ram Jets on the rotor tips. It would fly so low the enemy could not see it coming till it was there and then it would be gone But the Cobras overhead saw them open fire and would then take them out. It did not take real long for the north to figure out to ignore the noisy little thing with its friend up above and just wait for the UH-1s full of troops to arrive. By the time we left Nam the tactic was obsolete.

Hiller_YH-32_Hornet.jpg

Back