Robots Cant Weld very GOOD!!!

This application runs at around 2,000°F, 320 is one of the more heat resistant alloys.

It runs at a bright orange glow.

Some of the new robotics stuff sounds to close to SkyNet.

This application runs at around 2,000°F, 320 is one of the more heat resistant alloys.

It runs at a bright orange glow.
Must be water cooled or chilled as stainless is prone to cracking at prolonged high heat...titanium might be a better choice of metal

Air cooled. But a LOT of air. It is in a 250MPH air stream.

The Box 4.jpg

I have done some research into welding TI, I don't think it is for me. Ti would solve a bunch of issues for this and other projects. I did make all of the mounting hardware for this out of TI.

Yes it is a pulse jet, Not many know that. The takeoff weight should be about 14 lbs and it is about 18 lbs of thrust.

I have done some research into welding TI, I don't think it is for me. Ti would solve a bunch of issues for this and other projects. I did make all of the mounting hardware for this out of TI.

Yes it is a pulse jet, Not many know that. The takeoff weight should be about 14 lbs and it is about 18 lbs of thrust.
Welded a lot of titanium....have to make a purge box....like a self contained sand blasting cabinet with a pure argon environment to do it correctly.....you could do it in your garage.....use a speed-glas helmet and hi-freq arc start

Back