Rockford/Logan/Hedwick MV100 Tags

wcunning

Registered
Registered
I'm working on attempting electro-chemical etching of new machine tags for my MV100. This is largely inspired by some of the work that @kingtutley on instagram is doing for someone with a big Monarch lathe.

So far, I've taken pictures of most of the tags and redrawn them as vector graphics in Inkscape so that I can use toner transfer paper to get a mask onto sheet metal to then etch. Unfortunately there is at least one, maybe two, tags that are just unreadable on my mill, so if one of you guys who also has this model of machine (@Brucepts, @keflaman, @Asm109, @deez123, @mktool) could take pictures, I'd really appreciate it.

IMG_20181229_162225035_HDR.jpg

Thanks,
Will

For anyone who is interested in doing similar things, here are the tags that I do have in pdf form. Unfortunately, this site doesn't allow vector graphics uploads, so feel free to contact me if you want the .svg files. Note: these are mirrored because I'm printing them and then transfering the print face down onto a piece of sheet metal to then etch.

Cheers,
Will

Attachments

• all-tags-printer-friendly.pdf
    19.3 KB · Views: 14
I don't have anything affixed to where you have circled at the upper RH corner of your picture. Maybe a distributor sticker or a preventive maintenance record? Here is a picture of the brass plate riveted to the base on the RH side of my machine.

uwoqPj%tQn2JRF93iXE8fg.jpg

Here is a picture I took of the plate you circled in the lower left of your photo. I enhanced it some and based on the text under "Lubrication Instruction" at the bottom of page one of the PDF, my best guess is that it states:

FILL WITH
A G M A
#3 OIL LUBE

fullsizeoutput_18c.jpeg

Attachments

• Hedwick Milling Machine Manual.pdf
    15.8 MB · Views: 12
This morning I used a black light and iPhone video to try and decipher exactly what is on that tag. I managed to get a fuzzy, jerky image and using slow motion I was successful!

FILL WITH
A. G. M. A.
NO. 3 LUBE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks @keflaman! You rock!

My brother has been drawing these up for me, but I think I can manage that by myself. I'll fix it up and get it into my page of these and have it up here later today.

I did another test round of etching tags, and this one turned out quite a bit better. I think I'll have something I like in another few weeks, though it might be spring before I get something that I both like and have painted, resanded and finished for the final version to mount on my mill.

I've attached the updated pdf of the tags. This time, I included both a mirrored version (like I need for the toner transfer process) and a normal version. I'm almost tempted to get a price on simply having these tags laser etched onto a plate of aluminum, or maybe even engraved... We'll see.

Thanks for the help @keflaman! If anyone knows of another tag I might be missing, I'll happily get it drawn up and uploaded to here as well.

Thanks,
Will

Attachments

• all-plates-mirrored-printer-friendly.pdf
    21.7 KB · Views: 14
  • all-plates-printer-friendly.pdf
    21.7 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
First, I have no label where you have a painted over label.
Here are my Lube label and the main label on the front.

Note mine read Lub. not Lube But mine is a Hedwick branded lathe not a Rockford

Hedwick Lub. label.JPG

Hedwick Serial Label.JPG

They are the same. I can make out the period after "Lub" when I look at my videos again.

Back