Rocking Horse

Gary Max

Active User
Registered
Just because----- I spent the last two weeks building a pair of these. Made of Kentucky Coffee Bean Wood and Walnut. Some times it's not about money --- it's just because I can.

DSCN1851.JPG

Beautiful job Gary as always! For those of you that don't know, Gary is very talented and has produced some very fine pieces of art from wood.
Gary, why don't you show the other members here some of your work?
I'm positively sure that others would love to see your talent displayed
Phil

Very, very, nice! What is coffee bean wood?

Cheers,
John

Very, very, nice! What is coffee bean wood?

Cheers,
John

Between 1976 and 1992 Ky Coffee Wood was our state tree---- it's not rare but I don't see much of it in my part of the state.

- - - Updated - - -

Beautiful job Gary as always! For those of you that don't know, Gary is very talented and has produced some very fine pieces of art from wood.
Gary, why don't you show the other members here some of your work?
I'm positively sure that others would love to see your talent displayed
Phil

Thanks Phil--- I am lucky enough to do this for a living. I will make a effort to post more of our work.

Excellent workmanship. I always wanted to make one for my grandchildren; but now the are too old.

Excellent workmanship. I always wanted to make one for my grandchildren; but now the are too old.

We have one sitting in the living room with a big Teddy Bear riding him.

Nice work there.
I work wood too but not that.

Jeff

Nice work there.
I work wood too but not that.

Jeff

I really don't make these anymore----- folks would rather buy from Wallyworld. I bought 5 logs of coffee wood and needed a way to use three of the smaller logs. The two big logs are getting turned. I spend most of my days turning stuff. I have a Cedar rocking horse that has been sitting in the showroom for 5 years---- now he will have company.

Back