rockwell 11x24 restoration thread

My machine is 110 so it does not have relays. Are you thinking of getting you bed ways reground? I am considering it for mine...Tim
Thanks Tim.
That is the same info I recievrd from the Rockwell group. The docs can lead you to believe otherwise.
I really want to fully restore this machine to new or better than new condition... but one step at a time. First I need to find some time to get the motor wo
rking. From that point I will have a good idea of what this machine will cost me to get it 110%

I saw your thread on tools to scrap your ways, very interesting info. I'll be watching yourprogress with this.

Thanks again for the update.

Rich

There is a machine tool refinishing place 10 minutes from me- I must try to remember to go in and ask what they charge for something like that.

I think it is called New Jersey Machine Tool.

Bernie

We have a place in Salt Lake City called universal grinding, I am a fan of surface grinding first then scraping to final finish. I may have to contact them and ask. I am also trying to come up with a metric gear set, I want to have gears made but I need to know more about them than just the tooth count. I am also hoping someone can trace the bracket that holds the gears, I can get new ones made on a water jet and then make the parts for the bushings. Tim

Back