[Source] Rockwell/Delta 31-501 parts and advice

sundown57

Registered
Registered
just picked up a 6x48 Rockwell sander. Lower drum is damaged and it is missing the rear tracking handle and of course the side cover. I looked on Fleabay and I see a couple rollers but some are 1 piece, some 2. none say they fit the 501, most are for 701,520 and so on. So my questions are, is anyone in here parting one of these out? are all the lower rollers the same? If not does anyone have a parts list for the 501 so I can figure out what roller it should have? thanks, Mike

Last edited:
Sorry, not parting mine out. I’d say either wait for parts to show up or get busy with your lathe.

Good places to look/post are here and OWWM.

John

I was thinking of just machining one but I suspect they have a crown but not sure how much and also worried about balancing it after.

just picked up a 6x48 Rockwell sander. Lower drum is damaged and it is missing the rear tracking handle and of course the side cover. I looked on Fleabay and I see a couple rollers but some are 1 piece, some 2. none say they fit the 501, most are for 701,520 and so on. So my questions are, is anyone in here parting one of these out? are all the lower rollers the same? If not does anyone have a parts list for the 501 so I can figure out what roller it should have? thanks, Mike
Hi, just wondering if you ever found a reliable parts source for 501 parts? Just picked one up and I’m working on restoring the cabinet at the moment. Mine was missing the side cover as well and I located the guy on eBay that makes the reproduction ones. He is currently making a couple he said and would let me know when they were ready

Back