Rodney Mill

Zimbohere

Registered
Registered
Afternoon Gents,

A friend wanted to sell me his Rodney Milling machine for the Myford Super seven bench lathe which I thought to get as they seem to be hard to find these days. It however is missing the "thingy a bob" drive cog coupler that attaches to the lathe spindle. After seeing a few photos from Johns site, Lathes UK.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Greg

I don’t have any help for you, but that is super neat! Thanks for buying your friends accessory and searching for that thingabob! Good luck in your search! I sure would like to see it work!

Well worth buying - the missing coupling should be easy enough to make a replacement, appears to just be an internal spline ring.

McMaster should have an appropriate coupling off-the-shelf. They have a number of different styles of flexible shaft couplings.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Really cool!
I don't know nothing about Rodney or Myfords.
However, a google search for "rodney vertical mill" brought me multiple hits and some videos.
May or may not be helpful....
Please keep us posted.

Daryl
MN

Stumbled across this which I had filed away, may be of some use.

Attachments

• Myford Rodney (Nr.746).pdf
    2.3 MB · Views: 6
Here's a great video that shows the coupler and associated parts. If the mill still has it's "drive" gear, it should be too hard to duplicate the coupler and lathe side drive gear.

After watching the video, I can tell you I’ve seen this type of coupling device used before. They are used to couple motors to conveyors on some machines we have at work. I, unfortunately don’t remember who makes them. But I will try to look into it tonight.

Back